Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
At least it happened pulling out of the material pickup and not in traffic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

madeintaipei posted:

Go to the pool supply aisle of any major retailer and, if they stock the tabs on flat metal or wire shelving, you'll find it rusted to gently caress wherever the coating has worn off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sz4d7RQB6Y&t=120s

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Arson Daily posted:

i suck at chemistry why would this be bad?

See the water pump in the back? The previous owner of my 4Runner was too cheap to buy antifreeze so he just used tap water. The blades of the impeller eventually corroded to the point they they left the pump.

Worked out for me, I bought the truck for $1k.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

PhotoKirk posted:

See the water pump in the back? The previous owner of my 4Runner was too cheap to buy antifreeze so he just used tap water. The blades of the impeller eventually corroded to the point they they left the pump.

I cant recall ever seeing a cast O Ring gland, is that groove just a locating/holding feature for the gasket? The dimensions of the casting seem pretty risky, impressive.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

CarForumPoster posted:

I cant recall ever seeing a cast O Ring gland, is that groove just a locating/holding feature for the gasket? The dimensions of the casting seem pretty risky, impressive.

That just keeps the gasket in place/centered.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CarForumPoster posted:

My Audi waterpumps also have a casting groove for the o-ring to seal.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Why does Toyota love drawing penises on their water pumps?

I mean I know why, but it’s funny.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
https://i.imgur.com/RFosz9j.mp4

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

My dogs do that dance when they're about to get a treat. Haven't seen a car do it before.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://x.com/adamgreattweet/status/1785715822314361039?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That is quite a laugh...

I've been to a ton of dealerships/service centers/repair shops...whatever...

And I'll leave out the Indie type mechanics that specializes, has the concrete block walls, a computer system from Soviet Russia generating invoices on tri-carboned paper from a dot matrix printer yet has a few million worth of cars in the bays.

It is either a marbled palace or a shithole at big dealerships. There is no in-between. You are either experiencing marble with a Keurig or smelling gas/oil/Napa type store smells.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

home made tow hitch that screws into the recovery point

skybolt_1
Oct 21, 2010
Fun Shoe

`Nemesis posted:

home made tow hitch that screws into the recovery point

Wow. Love the inclusion of a mild steel bracket and cheese grade bolts into this abortion.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
That thing is like the platonic ideal of thinking "metal is strong" and knowing absolutely nothing about physics LMAO

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

skybolt_1 posted:

Wow. Love the inclusion of a mild steel bracket and cheese grade bolts into this abortion.

Those are failure points. It’s engineering.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yes, they certainly are

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

builds character posted:

Those are failure points. It’s engineering.

They're mechanical fuses!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

PhotoKirk posted:

haha holy poo poo

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
impending

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Environmental storytelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag