Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

mega dy posted:

She’s generally very awake. We’ve got to swaddle and soothe her just to get her to go down without a fight.

Light is as dark as we can make it. Not blackout curtains, but lights off and curtains drawn.

I suspect it is a phase, just trying to figure out anything I can to help. It’s pretty hard on my wife especially. We just keep putting her down and she keeps popping back up.

Our boy has been like this since maybe a month old. Once he left the very sleepy newborn phase he just never wants to nap during the day, and seems to actively resist daytime sleep. He’ll even be really angry when on the rare occasion he does take a decent nap and wakes up from it, as is he has realized he let his guard down or was tricked into it.

Stroller naps have worked alright for us, so we’ve been taking a lot of walks. Other than that, now at about 4 months old he is showing some emerging hints of a nap schedule, although it’s very sporadic still. So I don’t have much to offer other than solidarity, and the faint hope that things will improve. From what I understand this kind of thing is fairly common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
We often put our oldest in the stroller and went for a walk while she napped. Mainly between 6 months and 12 months I believe although my memory is hazy

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

My kid preferred carrier naps at that point, so I took a lot of walks. He vehemently hated prams until he was old enough to sit up in one.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Octonauts is leaving Netflix tomorrow and I'm very concerned about this

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's the end of the mission