Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Been waiting for their second record for what seems like forever. Thought it was supposed to come out early this year then it just... Didn't. Great new band and that's my fav off the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Been trying to catch Amenra for years and finally get to see them tonight. Primitive Man is playing too. And a shoegaze band called Slow Crush.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Not sure if I have mentioned my buddies band in here, Soma Plume

female vocals, slow, post metal kinda stuff. If you like King Woman you'll probably like this

just caught a show last night finally and it was a pure wall of sound. Drummer was really fun to watch, he was giving it 200%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JalPRicOdRY

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Eat The Rich posted:

Been trying to catch Amenra for years and finally get to see them tonight. Primitive Man is playing too. And a shoegaze band called Slow Crush.

Hell yeah

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bongripper so good live

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

The one time I saw Bongripper is my favorite show ever. I'm glad the venue did a decent recording of it too.

Amenra was amazing. Primitive Man kicked rear end as always. Slow Crush was very cool. Never heard of them before. Immediately went and bought the vinyl after their set. They're pretty shoegazey and oddly upbeat considering who they were opening for.

Great show.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Snowy posted:

I have a ton of patches even though I hardly wear any, I just like em. I’ve had a bag of them since I was a teenager. During Covid I made a couple battle vests just to kill time, it worked great for that. Podcasts and sewing are a wonderful distraction. I made such insanely crazy little perfect stitches. If I made another I’d try the long dental floss punk stitches.

Sorry that happened, that sucks.

I always thought of white shirts like that as a Southern California thing, at least in the 80s. The Suicidal Tendencies and Welcome To Venice covers led me to make multiple lovely shirts back then.

Fun little related article: https://www.vice.com/en/article/rjjwxr/this-suicidal-tendencies-shirt-costs-3000

Dental floss is the way to go if you need unbreakable stitches. I used it through all my punk years but nowadays I just hit Walmart and grab the thickest thread they have.

It's kinda wild that I had no idea about this white shirt trend. It looks pretty tacky to me but knowing the history I definitely still view this guy as a piece of poo poo :v:

But for real tho, this is cool and reminds of the era where I was making my own patches with a paint marker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
Saw Weedeater last night and I swear my ears are still ringing lol. They were so loud, with so much feedback, and just constant guttural screaming. Was a hell of a show. Played Gimme Back My Bullets and Monkey Junction as well which are my favorite tracks from them.