Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Something I always found amusing watching some of the supercar rebuild channels - say B is for Build - not defending some of the jank poo poo they do, but in the earlier days when they were doing more simple rebuilds on Lambos. You'd see commenters in horror at how they were replacing parts of the tube frame, "you can't do it like that!" when in fact, all the were doing was replacing simple box tube sections like for like, with vastly better welds than the boogers Antonio and Lorenzo splattered on one Friday in Sant'Agata.

Again, not defending all their jank, just this specific case.

Samcrac and vtuned did replace a part designed to crumple with a straight bar pointing directly at the drivers heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

https://x.com/8cyl_/status/1785869710342447316

*edit: it's an improvement at least :v:

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 2, 2024

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The one case where I'll agree - an LS swap is legit the right way to go.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah somehow easier to work on

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And the electrical system is actually functional

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

That’s a Gen II LT1 though, not a Gen III+ LS engine.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MrYenko posted:

That’s a Gen II LT1 though, not a Gen III+ LS engine.

Still an improvement, once the Optispark is dealt with.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Draguar did it better w the blower out the hood!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

amenenema posted:

Draguar did it better w the blower out the hood!

This post just made me sad at what Roadkill became in the end :smith:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A bunch of excellent copy-cat shows?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

The one case where I'll agree - an LS swap is legit the right way to go.

Because of the huge amount of well-paid engineers around here, there used to be a glut of 10-20 year old Jags that didn't run. Nothing rusts and those cars were always parked in a garage, so the paint and interior would be good. JTR did plenty of business in this town. It was always weird sitting at a light and hearing a small black burble while surrounded cars that shouldn't do that. "Oh, it's the XJS!"

On the other hand, our local Super Seven manufacturer put a 4.0 AJ6 in a very much lengthened, pot bellied chassis. That was a bad idea. They knew it was a bad idea. They confirmed it was a bad idea after driving it, once. Proved they could fit anything in the little car though.

Come to think of it, there were a lot of rare cars sitting in garages over there where the old mansions and plantation houses are. They never moved, but the bodies looked OK and someone cleaned them. I remember a Jensen Interceptor, a De Tomaso Mangusta, a Sterling 827 (in a town full of Acura Legends), a few XJCs, and a couple V-12 XJs.
With the Interceptor and one of the XJCs, I walked by while the old guys were outside and talked about the cars for a bit. What a trip for a middle-schooler, getting to sit inside the vehicles and poke around.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Roadkill dipped in quality for a sec but is definitely climbing back up. Roadkill Garage is also consistently excellent.

Tony Angelo's YouTube channel also has a RKG feel to it that I really enjoy.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

After catching up on the Terrible Car stuff thread, you know what needs some appreciation? Some drat physical switches.

Look how good these switches are. Not only are switches good, these are good switches.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Those switches are old enough to vote.
For more switches.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

joat mon posted:

Those switches are old enough to vote.
For more switches.

Finally a candidate I can get behind

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

amenenema posted:

Roadkill dipped in quality for a sec but is definitely climbing back up. Roadkill Garage is also consistently excellent.

Tony Angelo's YouTube channel also has a RKG feel to it that I really enjoy.

Motortrend got fully incorporated into the Max app (calling it HBO would be so much easier), it's just a pain in the rear end to find out what show has a new release.

Tony's channel is great.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Roadkill's biggest problem has always been how to watch it - it was great on youtube but Motor Trend's apps have always sucked.

Side note - if you have a Chromecast, Google will let you watch a variety of free streaming TV. There are several automotive channels and one of them is Motor Trend, and plays Roadkill Garage, Engine Masters, and some other shows. It seems like the episodes are on a very slow rotation and there are commercials, but it's a decent way to watch Roadkill-adjacent shows.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Alarbus posted:

Motortrend got fully incorporated into the Max app (calling it HBO would be so much easier), it's just a pain in the rear end to find out what show has a new release.

Tony's channel is great.

Agreed. Why can't it notify me if there's a new episode of a show I follow?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Alarbus posted:

Tony's channel is great.

MT is on Discovery +. A far worse app than Max that I only use because it has MT on it.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

WTFBEES posted:

After catching up on the Terrible Car stuff thread, you know what needs some appreciation? Some drat physical switches.

Look how good these switches are. Not only are switches good, these are good switches.

After driving this dumb gently caress C300 loaner with the worst “switches” on the planet, I’m gonna rub one out to this pic.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Just walked out of my hotel to go get lunch and I was greeted by royalty

I’d never seen it in person before. It’s way bigger than I imagined. The plate, of course, is my favorite part.

Growing up in Madison wisconsin the former home of Oscar Meyer, you'd see these things everywhere all the time. I have a Pic of like 7 of them parked all together with bonus and lesser known mr penut mobile in the OM factory parking lot somewhere.
Always funny to me how excited people get when they see their first one. Charrish this moment friend.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 4, 2024

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Preoptopus posted:

Growing up in Madison wisconsin the former home of Oscar Meyer, you'd see these things everywhere all the time. I have a Pic of like 7 of them parked all together with bonus and lesser known mr penut mobile in the OM factory parking lot somewhere.
Always funny to me how excited people get when they see their first one. Charrish this moment friend.

I feel the same way any the Goodyear blimp. I grew up near Akron so we saw that thing all the time leaving Wingfoot lake.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Nocheez posted:

I feel the same way any the Goodyear blimp. I grew up near Akron so we saw that thing all the time leaving Wingfoot lake.

Did it ever read "Ice Cube's a pimp"?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Absolute and complete insanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgM-ahm5Akc

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I think this qualifies for this thread simply by the model name alone?
https://twitter.com/Channel205UK/status/1786442923233464362

This one is a no brainer
https://twitter.com/midnightdorifto/status/1786469057958453655

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ether Frenzy posted:

oh lmao a 207 pickup

E: apparently built off a 206+

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 5, 2024

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I think you'll find that in this context they're called "brollies", not "umbrellas".

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

Reminded me of this car for sale near me, it's an import and looks to be a DIY conversion cuz I've never seen or heard of these before, based on a 96 Corolla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Reminded me of this car for sale near me, it's an import and looks to be a DIY conversion cuz I've never seen or heard of these before, based on a 96 Corolla

Not even Australia got these things in a ute version, so must be custom.