Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
There's a FPS/tower defense hybrid game I've been playing that lets you build your own outpost for defense.

I tried to recreate Fortress Maximus:

Had to make some concessions to actually have enough guns to play the game but I think it turned out pretty well. There's not my much color customization though so I couldn't really get away from grey.

Edit: With some shenanigans with the builder (it really doesn't like what I'm doing here) I was able to get the guns on his legs working.

Hyper Inferno fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That's pretty cool!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

TaurusOxford posted:

Impossible. Not only would the other MP Primes not have the engineering to fit into the cavity, MP Ginrai is clearly smaller than them.

Ah, I didn't realize Ginrai was that much smaller than MP10. Well that's out.

The only "engineering" I hoped the Optimus would need would be to turn the waist around backwards before turning it into truck mode so the knees can fold the rest of the legs up behind the cab. Most Optimuses let you do this, then I just hoped the cavity would be big enough to let it sit in there.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
for fanmade, it's pretty spot on G1 style.

i remember a g1 episode where Megatron was lamenting how ugly the Earth forms were. I think that was when the cons got loving wasted on Energon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR28DoWaR9I

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sweet! ShowZ actually did get the factory to send me an entire back panel to fix my KOMP Sunstreaker! Part of it was also broken, but in a way where I can easily discard the broken bit and still do the repair to get him 100%.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Magmatron came in from BBTS. It’s glorious.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Joe Fisto posted:

Magmatron came in from BBTS. It’s glorious.

Post some pics. I'm on the fence but deep down I want it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Playing with character ideas (as one does)

S1 era of Beast Wars, a Maximal moose triplechanger in the style of B'Boom or Transquito. Third mode is an air defense platform firing Surface to Air Moosiles. (The antlers are his radar!) Normally phlegmatic, doesn't do well with close confrontations.

His natural enemy is, of course, the Predacon Wild Weasel.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i want new beastformers

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

TheDK posted:

Post some pics. I'm on the fence but deep down I want it.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

He's so angry and weird! I love it. Have you experimented with the dinosaurhuman-centipede form?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I got this guy (and the other two teams but they don't look this good).

He's not perfect. The hand feel on fansprojects' parts is weird. But what an experience.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Did it come with the original hands and what can only loosely be called "feet"? Weird feel is still an upgrade.

Is that a completely third-party Swindle?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It came with absolutely everything from the original releases including the other tank and copter. Both Swindle and Blast Off are completely third-party figures from Fansproject that constitute one massive upgrade kit along with all the improvements to Onslaught and the parts that make Vortex into a Combiner Wars-grade limb.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

TheDK posted:

He's so angry and weird! I love it. Have you experimented with the dinosaurhuman-centipede form?

I haven’t and I’m not sure if I’ll try it. The Dino modes are nice though.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Both Swindle and Blast Off are completely third-party figures

I figured, they didn't ring a bell and I remember the Energon combiners doubling up on limb molds.

I was really impressed by the Energon combiners back in the day for how well good they were as individual figures, full articulation, not excessively blocky yet still sufficiently sturdy, and the only concessions to the combiner function were a few connectors and a spare head hiding in a compartment.

Never really bothered combining them much. I guess figuring out elbows was also a nice trick. Combiner Wars I guess ended up using most of the same tricks but a little bigger and with much better handfeet.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So free broadcast TV network MeTV is doing an all cartoons spinoff channel called MeTV Toons in collaboration with Warner-Bros Discovery and among their initial slate of shows is Challenge of The Go-Bots in what is probably the first time that show has been aired on English television in at least twenty years(probably closer to thirty but who knows maybe it aired on Boomerang at some point)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Energon combiner hands didn’t bother me at all. There’s no reason a combiner should have normal hands; making them all weapons is the way to go.

It’s not like the drat things will need to sit at a computer and code C++ or something

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nodosaur posted:

It’s not like the drat things will need to sit at a computer and code C++ or something

What happens when the war ends and he needs a job do you ever think about anyone but yourself

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

drrockso20 posted:

So free broadcast TV network MeTV is doing an all cartoons spinoff channel called MeTV Toons in collaboration with Warner-Bros Discovery and among their initial slate of shows is Challenge of The Go-Bots in what is probably the first time that show has been aired on English television in at least twenty years(probably closer to thirty but who knows maybe it aired on Boomerang at some point)

I'll always have a soft spot for Go Bots as they were popular here where I live. They did come out before Transformers and were much more affordable. Leader-1 was a tomcat and you couldn't get any more cool than that at the time. They couldn't compare to Transformers or stand up to it, but they did some good stuff and had a couple cool bots.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
The Starscream voice actor in this fan reimagining is insanely good:

https://youtu.be/I87-sVAVh8c?si=Mfk6uTwt5gZct-Fx

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nodosaur posted:

The Energon combiner hands didn’t bother me at all. There’s no reason a combiner should have normal hands; making them all weapons is the way to go.

I agree and didn't mind them as hands. It was as feet where I felt they were really lacking.

The Combiner Wars handfeet also had their share of issues, but I thought they were a much better compromise for needing to pull double-duty.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Nodosaur posted:

How do you expect them to do finger pointing or slam their fists together when they complete their combination if they don't have normal hands? Don't disregard the cool factor.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Snapping claws or firing off a laser shot or something like that is cooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Combiners probably should be more like mobile artillery or specifically equipped for battle. It's not like (as far as I know) the combined forms have their own lives separate from the individuals that compose them.