Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Man, the music, the sound effects, the AWESOME retro laser beams and poo poo. gently caress I want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Just saw this at the Japanese market; Godzilla shoju

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Toho will be making a new Godzilla set to release in 2016. I'm as shocked as I am hyped. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-07/toho-makes-1st-japanese-godzilla-film-in-12-years/.81876

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Godzilla made the short list for Oscar nods for a Special Effects. Might also make Cinematography.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Worst Bear posted:

Toho will be making a new Godzilla set to release in 2016. I'm as shocked as I am hyped. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-07/toho-makes-1st-japanese-godzilla-film-in-12-years/.81876

Looks like they held true to their decade-long break after Final Wars. I'm loving hyped.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Is it me or does it sound like they're challenged to make a better godzilla than the new American one? Like we could be seeing a Godzilla space race now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The more Godzilla, the better IMO! :D

While this thread is alive again I thought I would show this off.

Over in YOSPOS we are doing a secret santa, received my gift earlier this week and one of the things was a 64 era Godzilla mask! :D

Vaall
Sep 17, 2014

The Worst Bear posted:

You can be assured that the special effects in this will be loving horrible just like every other Godzilla film Toho has put out. I'll pass.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Vaall posted:

You can be assured that the special effects in this will be loving horrible just like every other Godzilla film Toho has put out. I'll pass.

Thanks for your opinion :frogout:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Vaall posted:

That's not true

If the pattern holds they'll be far worse than previous films to date!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Maybe the effects will get so bad they'll become good-bad again. Like Asylum films.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The PS3 Godzilla is coming to PS4 as well and is getting a U.S. release in 2015. :getin:

And here is our Lord and Savior Nicolas Cage with a little somethin' somethin'

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I'm ready to see the real deal again, with all the good and bad that might imply. G14 didn't do a drat thing for me in the long run.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The PS3 Godzilla is coming to PS4 as well and is getting a U.S. release in 2015. :getin:

And here is our Lord and Savior Nicolas Cage with a little somethin' somethin'

I want to see a giant Nicolas Cage act against Godzilla so bad.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nick Cage needs to be the token American in the next Japanese Godzilla film, like Don Frye and Robert Dunham before him.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This is awesome news - I'll preorder it and I rarely do that poo poo but I just gotta!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Heck I'm probably going to get a PS3 just for this game.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The Worst Bear posted:

Goddamn, what a time to be alive. :allears:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Mantis42 posted:

Nick Cage needs to be the token American in the next Japanese Godzilla film, like Don Frye and Robert Dunham before him.

It should be a straight remake of Invasion of Astro Monster, but in a twist instead of playing the Nick Adams role, the Planet X aliens all looks like Nick Cage.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

Oh my god I need this to happen.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
People complain about the effects, but for me Toho Godzilla films have always had a special charm all their own. Even with as good as the new CG Godzilla looked, I really hope that Toho will stick to a suit for their new movie. I just love that aesthetic and the "believeability" of a guy in a suit has never really bothered me. The suits tend to look good and work just fine for what they are. Whatever the case, I'm just glad they are doing it as I was pretty sure I wouldn't be seeing a Toho Godzilla again for a long while, if at all.

Also it'll help bridge the gap between now and 2018. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gatts posted:

I want to see a giant Nicolas Cage act against Godzilla so bad.

The look on his suggests he's wondering if he was actually in that film, but is just too polite to ask.

• Locked thread