Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gonna feel slightly bad for all these innocent plump helmet men who stumbled into my traps lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If you throw a magma-safe cage into magma with something inside, will what's inside survive at the bottom of the magma forever?

Can you imprison people at the bottom of a magma pool this way? That's gotta be pretty high-security

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I'm pretty sure everything in the cage gets burnt up, but not 100% sure.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Also, forgot to mention, there should be no wall tiles available immediately adjacent to the pit hole below it. That is, there should be at least one layer where the pit below the hole is 9 tiles large, centered on the hole. This is because some critters are so good at climbing that they can grab a hold of the wall as they fall past it, and then climb back up.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Gonna feel slightly bad for all these innocent plump helmet men who stumbled into my traps lol

Do dwarves still rip off their flesh and cook it?

They never saw it coming, those poor delicious bastards...

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
I always place the cages in my archery training arena connected to a lever with a bridge to block the entrance. 1 tile hallway with fortifications around it makes for some good ranged squads after a couple sieges

it's pretty tedious to set up the levers though

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
You could just use the pit trick described above to dump into the target zone, no levers required.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
:eyepop:

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

If you want your gobbos to survive the drop, remember to line the floor with something light. Fall damage is calculated as a boulder of the floor material falling on you from the height of your drop. (... and this is actually not one of the most strange mechanics in the game.)

From the same height of drop, it's possible for the victim to just splash when they impact a gold floor, or gently touch down with hardly a bruise if they impact a featherwood floor. There is about a 200x difference in the force of impact.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if you murder plump helmet men on purpose I'm going to personally kick your rear end

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Babe Magnet posted:

if you murder plump helmet men on purpose I'm going to personally kick your rear end

But they're so plump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah your hospital bills will be too