Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bwatts

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Hey BYOB. I'm going to be real for a second. Some of you probably know, by now, that I tell everyone I live in Britain. Well, that's been a lie. I'm actually Syrian - specifically, I'm from Latakia. You may have heard that ISIS very nearly took the city of Idlib earlier just last night; this is something my family had foreseen, thankfully, and the last few days have been spent fleeing the country - I now AM in Britain! So, obviously, the ISIS issue is something which is very close to my heart, which leads me to the point of this thread.

I have seen no real condemnation of ISIS. Sure, some people have said some things here or there, and I'm sure the general sentiment is that they're "the baddies", but there's nothing official. So here's a start: https://www.change.org/p/islamic-state-stop-existing

Stand on the right side of history, BYOB. Sign the petition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bwatts

Also considering a hashtag to blow Twitter up with (not in the ISIS way, in the social media way). Suggest me some tags!

GEExCEE

;more like ISUCK

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I need to hear both sides of the issue before I make a decision.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

#isisississies

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
#sissies

ZeroCount

BYOB needs our version of Caro, someone to go bravely off into the danger zone and tell people to chill out

ideally this caro would not die in a torture prison tho

bwatts

ZeroCount posted:

BYOB needs our version of Caro, someone to go bravely off into the danger zone and tell people to chill out

ideally this caro would not die in a torture prison tho

i'll do it. i leave on the first of november.

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
Signed it.

Why is it "ISIS" if they are Islamic State? Wouldn't IS be just fine?

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
ISIS is cool because weirdo nerds keep joining them and dying.

bwatts

AdvilSmith posted:

Signed it.

they changed their name a bunch of times, i think most people know what i mean by isis, but islamic state is what they currently go by i think/

bwatts

thank you for signing the petition, btw.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Also they might save caro from being tortured to death in a Syrian black site.

GEExCEE

friendly craig posted:

they changed their name a bunch of times, i think most people know what i mean by isis, but islamic state is what they currently go by i think/

looks like they didnt see the brands that matter thread, even though it was voted five. cclassic ISIS.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

AdvilSmith posted:

Signed it.

It stands for: Islamic State Is Super cool

admittedly, it still needs some work

bwatts

isis hates byob. we need to declare war on isis.

Android Blues

I don't like ISIS, and I think they're bad.

bwatts

Android Blues posted:

I don't like ISIS, and I think they're bad.

aha! then sign the petition!

ZeroCount

friendly craig posted:

i'll do it. i leave on the first of november.

byobs first and last line of defence

bwatts

hey guys! we're currently at 4 (four!) supporters. i know that at least four of you have posted in this thread - take the time out of your day to support me in this, please. i would really appreciate it.

FartGhost

actually i hadnt posted in this thread yet, as one of the 4 people who signed it

Looke

signed

bwatts

in just 93 signatures we will defeat isis!

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
glad you are safe

ZeroCount

friendly craig posted:

in just 93 signatures we will defeat isis!

come on guys, we need to lend him our energy!

City of Glompton

Ok

verily carefree

#goawayisis #please

bwatts

Bump.

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Personally, I feel differently than ISIS on most topics. But, I think it's important to teach the controversy and let our children decide for themselves.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Gross Dude posted:

Personally, I feel differently than ISIS on most topics. But, I think it's important to teach the controversy and let our children decide for themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bwatts

Bump. 15% of the way to beating ISIS guys.

• Locked thread