Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Here's a video walkthrough of the house I just got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvOh39SH1ik

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE PAINT ON THE OUTSIDE, THAT'S GETTING REPLACED.

I have two very handy and creative contractors that will do basically whatever I tell them to do until the end of Tuesday. After that, I need to do the rest of the upgrades myself. So far, they have-

1- Run ethernet cable through the entire house, including a few walls that I'll be putting TVs on, and run the cable internet coax and all the rest of it to a central location.
2- Installed a gable fan
3- Added circuits and a sub-panel to my breaker box to allow for additional circuits for key areas of the house
4- Installed ground fault electrical outlets
5- Installed a new island range hood in my kitchen
6- Removed the mantle from above the fireplace so I can paint that awful red wall (it's red paint on white bricks)

The house is ridiculously good structurally and has no major problems on the inspector's report.

On the list of poo poo they still need to do is-

7- Replace the interior of the gas fireplace because the idiot former owners burned real wood in it
8- Hang a new set of sliding doors
9- Seal the AC better
10- Add a booster fan to the AC.

Now, with all that out of the way, I still have them for an expected day and a half, give or take. I am not paying for these guys, but I do have to pay for parts. I am looking for ideas for poo poo that could really spiff up the house in a creative way. I'll take pictures of whatever we end up doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Insulate the stairs.

• Locked thread