Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Don't you have to manually claim your rights for it to update your title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebob
Sep 16, 2000

Contents Guaranteed By Law To Contain At Least 99% Chemicals At All Times
Nope, not any more! I vaguely recall having to do that in the distant pass, but now you just get be-zapped wherever you happen to be, even if you are in the middle of a river diving for pearls.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
I ask because I didn't get get zapped (for Obelisk) this tale until I clicked the message on the right and set it off. Didn't check beforehand to see if my title had already updated or not.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
This was my experience as well, I had to click the button for it to count and get zapped.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
K, I'll be there in a few minutes.

Somebob
Sep 16, 2000

Contents Guaranteed By Law To Contain At Least 99% Chemicals At All Times
Ahh, right, if you are offline they do let you save your be-zappening until you click a message - keep forgetting about that. I was assuming you were talking about having to click the stupid obelisk itself to claim rights which seemed distantly familiar. Yeah, guess you can't really advance ranks offline as such.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
So I'm currently running the Test of the Bedouin and I could use some help. If anyone has the location of any common altars not on the wiki please PM me here or /chat me in game. In theory I should be able to keep those altars longer and collect more points from them. This also means that my presence in camp will be a bit more limited for a few days.

Huttan
May 15, 2013
What sort of quantity of altar-annointings is needed to get the dex upgrade?

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Ask me about being the strongest janitor since Roger Wilco

Huttan posted:

What sort of quantity of altar-annointings is needed to get the dex upgrade?

I think Bri did about 120 in a day and got a pass.

Also what are we doing with the old camels in OE? Just fed them a few more days worth of straw, feels like a waste just killing them. Maybe we could loan the pen to a local incase we ever come back?

Huttan
May 15, 2013
Well, it is clear that 20 isn't going to cut it for the dex increase.

There is a demi-pharoah election coming up soon. Should anyone be voted for?

What is the trick to growing carrots? Where I can grow flax, all I get is the message that I failed and a pack of carrot seeds.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Huttan posted:

Well, it is clear that 20 isn't going to cut it for the dex increase.

There is a demi-pharoah election coming up soon. Should anyone be voted for?

What is the trick to growing carrots? Where I can grow flax, all I get is the message that I failed and a pack of carrot seeds.

To answer your carrot question.

http://www.atitd.org/wiki/tale7/Carrots

The public wiki is a huge resource of valuable information on almost every topic.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

TheJanitor posted:

I think Bri did about 120 in a day and got a pass.

Also what are we doing with the old camels in OE? Just fed them a few more days worth of straw, feels like a waste just killing them. Maybe we could loan the pen to a local incase we ever come back?

oh, did everyone move? i haven't been on in like a week

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Ask me about being the strongest janitor since Roger Wilco

Smoremaster posted:

oh, did everyone move? i haven't been on in like a week

Yep, we moved down to 7L to join up with Corisa's / Photek's friends from a previous tale, everyone is free to come along. Their place is pretty organized and combined we have 8+ active players so we can do a bunch more, last night we ran our own dig which was great.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Hey, so I'm in the final round of DP (I'm Kuu), just want to encourage everyone to read the debate and vote in the election. The debate's pretty wordy so I can understand skimming but I hope people get an idea of the candidates. I think DP is more a test of Egypt than of a player, so I'm not asking for votes (they're appreciated of course), I just want to make sure people participate and know who they're voting for. (To give context, I voted for Igoka for the first DP of Tale 1 because he was my immediate neighbor; he auctioned off his account on eBay less than 3 months later, so I'm no stranger to bad DP vote decisions ;) Thanks!

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Updated the OPs a bit, but not very thoroughly. We're still taking newbies, and goon allies who aren't necessarily playing with us are welcome to join DA for the chat channel.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

So things are really cranking along with the new guys down south. Not to mention all the new techs that have been opened.

It's actually quite impressive how much progress has been made in such a short time.

If anyone is considering coming back because they left due to sheer boredom or the grind, now is a really good time. There's a lot of things you can do that are generally somewhat fun and entertaining.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
het, I have no idea what you did but you really pissed off some guy called Endie.

e: like really pissed off, lol.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

het, I have no idea what you did but you really pissed off some guy called Endie.

e: like really pissed off, lol.

He seized a bureaucracy. :v:

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Whoops!

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

It's more than a little hilarious how upset people can get when they encounter conflict.

In one of my social guilds someone was saying they had ten paid accounts. Someone else had eight, or something like that. I imagine people who literally buy into the game that hard get their panties twisted at obstacles they can't macro their way around.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?

het posted:

Whoops!

"Whoops" he said, 15 minutes before Sunday passes.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Hey I was running around and just applied to the DA guild (character name Kal). Looking for a new chat tab, and I can keep you guys up on the news in MV/RP.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

^ Has someone got you in yet? I'll zip up there next time I'm on if you still need the okay. Huttan and I were still up there a bit, but I think we both got felled by RL health problems.

Hrm. I have midsize compounds near the chariots in both South Egypt and 7L. There's a guild who wants the SE compound, and played the "you built near our guildhall" card. It's true, but they're both super close to the CS--I don't think anyone should get a monopoly on convenience. I remember chariot points being pretty crowded in prior tellings, and swore that this time I'd get some convenient real estate, even if I'm not using it yet. They're not asking me to just sign it over, and are willing to trade, but I'm reluctant to let it go. I think they want it for public works, which definitely factors in their favour, but I was really happy to get a spot right next to a CS for once even if I'm a jerk who only uses it for storage atm.

I'm also blasted on heavy painkillers due to injury. Thoughts?

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I've been told (by Somebob) ATITD is best played when heavily drugged.

• Locked thread