Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Bussamove posted:

That’s like saying one of the other demiurge’s cells has to have the key. Gog-agog has the key, and all the worms are Gog-agog.

Yeah. I don't disagree with any of that. But there's still one with the key, because there's only one of the key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I love that this existential anguish is backdropped by a banana, an orange, and a fish. Who all seem to be earnestly invested.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Ashcans posted:

I love that this existential anguish is backdropped by a banana, an orange, and a fish. Who all seem to be earnestly invested.

A demon, a worm, a banana and a fish all walk into a bar...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

One of them's got to have the key

The key is a metaphysical thing. If it's anywhere it's in their atum, which is spread through all of them.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

FuturePastNow posted:

The green glow makes me think that's not just any worm, but maybe the worm

they're still standing in a theatre full of in-costume gogs, you're crazy if you think gog didn't spend the night before with a can of day-glow paint, carefully making a flashier worm for the dramatic bit

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

FuturePastNow posted:

Yeah. I don't disagree with any of that. But there's still one with the key, because there's only one of the key.

there used to be just one key, then there were ??? thousands???, then there were eight and shrinking. Who's to say Gog didn't portion hers out evenly, one tiny little splinter of god per worm

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think the keys are sufficiently metaphysical that there's no need for a key to exist in a single physical location. All of Gog has the key, and Gog is widely distributed.

That also means that obtaining Gog's key is probably simpler in concept than you might think. You don't have to search 111,111 universes for its hiding spot, or launch a quixotic attempt to kill her. You just need to find a Gog, any Gog, and ask join the circus. Then overwhelm her will with yours. Easy!

Stabbing the Gog you find is probably unnecessary though. That was rude, Nukoku.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Calling back to this page where you see Gog's key on her body at the moment disappear when she starts to bail.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-7-65/

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

No mask? No mask!

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

RocketMermaid posted:

A demon, a worm, a banana and a fish all walk into a bar...

And she orders a new coke

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Nukoku just means we'll get Ciocie Cioelle Classicke pretty soon, no problem

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

skaianDestiny posted:

Calling back to this page where you see Gog's key on her body at the moment disappear when she starts to bail.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-7-65/

Thats not her key.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

M_Gargantua posted:

Thats not her key.

No I think that is her key, it projects her crown of atum and while there are key-like gems vatras wear, one of those wouldn't vanish leaving a weird hole into her fake skull when she bailed.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

This is a stupid question I'm sure has been answered before, but if Gog is so desperate to escape this farce and she's been through this cycle so many times, why didn't she just suck it up and help them when they had a genuine chance at beating Jagganoth? Was it so important to have that one moment of spite in the face of Mottom being an rear end in a top hat?

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.

Tiny Myers posted:

This is a stupid question I'm sure has been answered before, but if Gog is so desperate to escape this farce and she's been through this cycle so many times, why didn't she just suck it up and help them when they had a genuine chance at beating Jagganoth? Was it so important to have that one moment of spite in the face of Mottom being an rear end in a top hat?

There's a reason why Gog Agog isn't royalty, even after all this time. She and all the Demiurges who aren't dead are stuck in prisons of their own making.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't think it'll be anything like the worm being THE worm and having the key but on the other hand it'd be really funny if it was. Nukoku eats it and suddenly all these Gogs just loving dissolve into a worm pile around them.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Tiny Myers posted:

Maybe she's been through a similar scenario where she did help and it still did loving nothing 'cause Jag can't just be beaten by More Cubit Spears.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Gog isn't breaking the rules of the universe. She is very much a prisoner of the rules of the universe.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tiny Myers posted:

Yes, because this can all happen again for her and might go better Next Time.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes, because this can all happen again for her and might go better Next Time.

I think it's more that she's obsessed with the past, and can't really imagine the future being different from what's happened. She knows they'll lose because she knows nothing can ever change (she is wrong).

Her offer to Allison isn't about 'actually you might do it' it's 'you should make the same mistake I'm making, obviously a smart cool person would make that mistake, please make my mistake.' She knows what happens if Allison eats the worm.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Where does Gog keep her key?

Why, on her keyringworm, of course!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gog-agog might be terrifyingly powerful and cursed with the amount of knowledge that can only come from having outlived creation itself countless times, but her spite is even more powerful than her desire to escape. She wouldn't be in her position if it were otherwise, after all.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Tiny Myers posted:

Gog-Agog embodies envy. She wants to escape because she hates being "stuck in the audience", as she put it. With that in mind, of course she'd upstage everyone at the climax and steal the show. Even if it means the final curtain doesn't fall this time, there's always the next performance.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Tiny Myers posted:

I mean yeah, what you said makes sense, but I took it at face value that she was just being that drat petty. And hey, there's always next time for her, which in a way encouragers her pettiness with a nothing to lose mentality.

She's pulling an Eric Cartman: "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tiny Myers posted:

Who cares if they beat Jagganoth? That's not good enough. Remember, in the earliest cycles Gog flat out won; it just didn't matter.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Schwarzwald posted:

Who cares if they beat Jagganoth? That's not good enough. Remember, in the earliest cycles Gog flat out won; it just didn't matter.

Well, so says Gog, who also admits she can't really remember it well. Maybe she got complacent and Jagganoth or the Heir took her down; maybe Zoss just spun the wheel back because her conquest was worse than Jagganoth killing everything. Who knows! I just know that Gog's incredibly self-aggrandizing, insisting that she's actually the biggest and coolest of everyone if they would only recognize it, so I assume we're getting the version of history that makes the most sense to her.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

Well, so says Gog, who also admits she can't really remember it well. Maybe she got complacent and Jagganoth or the Heir took her down; maybe Zoss just spun the wheel back because her conquest was worse than Jagganoth killing everything. Who knows! I just know that Gog's incredibly self-aggrandizing, insisting that she's actually the biggest and coolest of everyone if they would only recognize it, so I assume we're getting the version of history that makes the most sense to her.

True, but her self-narrative is what counts, when we're trying to explain why she's willing to miss a chance to defeat Jagganoth.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

It's not about defeating jagganoth, he's just a hurdle on the way. Zoss is hunting for a stable long-term future for the world. Gog winning is a horrible state.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Yeah, she might not remember the beginnining but she definitely remembers cycles where jags wasnt the winner and doesnt think much of them.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
My Emotional Support Worm!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Ditocoaf posted:

True, but her self-narrative is what counts, when we're trying to explain why she's willing to miss a chance to defeat Jagganoth.

Oh yeah I just wanted to underline how much Gog’s version of the world is wrapped up in her self-pitying clown routine. Like every other demiurge; she knows more in one sense but really isn’t any more insightful than any of them (except Mammon, who is senile).

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

(except Mammon, who is senile)

Was.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yes! The dog does die in Kill Six Billion Demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It's what he wanted