Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just started playing this because ive been in a david bowie kick and he wrote the music for the game and also apparently stars in it. i bought this for like 80 cents in a steam sale 18 months ago and have been meaning to play it for a while. Im only 30 minutes in but its fairly cool...check out the opening credits and the insane sex scene that happens 20 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr_uEBlfU-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3zUZIfuLhM

the steam overlay wouldn't work when i tried to take screenies but i defintely want to figure that out. also i spent a few minutes changing the controls because each gameplay mode has its own settings but the second i switched from one to the other in the game itself all the controls automatically reverted to default, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
I watched the sex vid and it made me horney. Thanks for this OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

coldplay chiptunes posted:

I watched the sex vid and it made me horney. Thanks for this OP.

Glad I could be of help.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I interrogated a trucker involved with a terrorist attack by asking her what her job was because it was the first of 4 dialogue options, 3 of which were actually about the crime and after she told me all the cities she drives between (all of which were complete gobbledegook) the interrogation ended automatically and I sentenced her to death.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In Training posted:

I interrogated a trucker involved with a terrorist attack by asking her what her job was because it was the first of 4 dialogue options, 3 of which were actually about the crime and after she told me all the cities she drives between (all of which were complete gobbledegook) the interrogation ended automatically and I sentenced her to death.

Thus as always to traitors.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Stupid bitch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i encountered a gang of robbers attacking a local grocery store and the game suddenyl turned into a godawful quake clone with the worst controls (arrow weeks to move, left click shoot right click jump) and then when i reached the boss fight it turned into virtua fighter and he unleashed a super move on me and i died.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its got a really cool look and good music but there is no way ill be able to play this game for any longer, due to the completely rear end controls.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i mi8ght get this for mjy dreamcast

Dec 26, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Thus as always to traitors.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So are you saying I should get it, or are you saying it's trash and I shouldn't.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

So are you saying I should get it, or are you saying it's trash and I shouldn't.

I might try and set up a gamepad and see if that's any better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The gamepad doesn't work because the sensitivity (maybe? Idk) is so whack that it's constantly pushing all the buttons and joysticks all the time. It's a shame it's such a pain to control because I'd like to actually play this game. Ah well

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
how does it compare to the other quantic dream games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never played any so I have no idea. It appears to actually have gameplay though, compared to what I understand games like Beyond and Heavy Rain are like

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Playing Heavy Rain is like having your brother drown in a pipefull of rain water.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I liked Heavy Rain

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In Training posted:

I've never played any so I have no idea. It appears to actually have gameplay though, compared to what I understand games like Beyond and Heavy Rain are like

I think your understanding is flawed.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Even though those games are based primarily on Qte's, Quantic dream makes some drat good games. I'm not going to try to sell you on their games because I think its quite a hard sale to make but Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy is on sale for really cheap a lot and that game is so god drat crazy you really have to try it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That wasn't a knock against Quantic Dream games, I just didn't think their later games had 1v1 fighting game and FPS engines in them.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

No they don't. It would amazing if QD games were built like the last part of MGS 4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fahrenheit is on my PC wishlist for when I have some free gaming time but it's been a while since I've needed to find a new game and it's going to be awhile again before i find time to play it. Are the controls at least respectable, because Omikron is legit unplayable

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Does anyone have that screencap from some Beyond: Two Souls interview where David Cage is talking enthusiastically and Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe look as detached as possible. TIA

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In Training posted:

Fahrenheit is on my PC wishlist for when I have some free gaming time but it's been a while since I've needed to find a new game and it's going to be awhile again before i find time to play it. Are the controls at least respectable, because Omikron is legit unplayable

In Fahrenheit you have to do long QTEs using numpad and arrow keys at the same time so once you get used to that its fine. This video should give you a decent idea of what its like and doesn't really spoil anything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQzoZwUOv8

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Does anyone have that screencap from some Beyond: Two Souls interview where David Cage is talking enthusiastically and Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe look as detached as possible. TIA

No but here's this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

David Cage looks like Jon Benjamin.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Even though those games are based primarily on Qte's, Quantic dream makes some drat good games. I'm not going to try to sell you on their games because I think its quite a hard sale to make but Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy is on sale for really cheap a lot and that game is so god drat crazy you really have to try it.

heavy rain used the qtes to do a few different cool gameplay things based around the same control scheme... it was good but i've heard beyond two souls doesn't do that

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

david cage has a van

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Les Hamburgers de Robert

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Les Hamburgers de Robert

bahaha

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I got fairly far, but the controls are just too poo poo. The level where you have to platform jump underneath a bridge was almost impossible.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
in light of recent events, square-enix are now giving away free copies of Omikron: The Nomad Soul.

go to the page and grab a Steam code if you don't already have one: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/games/pc-windows-download/Omikron-The-Nomad-Soul.php

they are only doing it until the 22nd.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

or don't because it's honestly a bad game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

in light of recent events, square-enix are now giving away free copies of Omikron: The Nomad Soul.

go to the page and grab a Steam code if you don't already have one: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/games/pc-windows-download/Omikron-The-Nomad-Soul.php

they are only doing it until the 22nd.

This is cool but woof it's not very fun.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

No but here's this

thank you

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I found it the other day

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

or don't because it's honestly a bad game

oh. well poo poo.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I found it the other day

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

quote:

“I thought, ‘what can I write about this?’” he says.

A picture of Ellen Page. Sixteen years old. Hair cropped short against her scalp. A tiny human, face etched in vulnerable, stubborn resilience.

David Cage can’t remember the Google search that brought him here but, instantly, a spark. This was it. Ellen Page: his protagonist. His Jodie Holmes before Jodie Holmes existed.

“I started writing the first scene of Beyond: Two Souls and I asked myself, ‘who is my main character?’ I thought she should have this strength inside her. She’s courageous and she’s brave. But at the same time she is just a little girl.

“So I started looking for images and I found a picture of Ellen that was exactly this.”

Cage began writing and the words came easily. Then later, another scene. A new perspective was required. David Cage needed something different and began a fresh image search. Another set of keywords, another ‘click’.

Another picture of Ellen Page.

“Again, it was exactly what I was looking for.”

• Locked thread