Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ross Angeles posted:

I wonder how many people in 2015 get this reference
Certainly not the previous guy who quoted EvanTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'd move with my job, I work for one of the major shipping companies and we do a ton out of Port of Charleston

Well in that case your biggest problem will be that I'll hate you forever. Let me know when you move so I can slash your ti say hi when I visit.

Any Cincy goons want to nerd up on football in person I have PMs. :allears:

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 22, 2015

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ross Angeles posted:

I wonder how many people in 2015 get this reference

Ahah I mean it's not the easiest thing to bust out at parties just to check, but I think a whole bunch of New Yorkers didn't like it enough that you got just about every NYC sports fan over 30 remembering that rant from 16 years ago. Also he did a Reddit AMA a couple years ago where everyone made fun of him and he stayed true to himself and said the Kenny Powers character is "flattering" and some of the local spots (nymag, gothamist, etc) still dislike him enough that they picked up on it and reminded everyone he's still a guy who says stuff https://www.reddit.com/r/mlb/comments/1jtko4/i_am_john_rocker_former_mlb_pitcher_here_to_take/

hah fsif's talking' from the "The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. I'm not a very big fan of foreigners." extended version of the quote which went on for a few paragraphs.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If we're still pitching "You should live in my city", I'm pitching my city, Glasgow.

Come here because the price of living is tiny compared to anywhere in the US short of Detroit while also being a very nice city.

Scotland: It's like the North-East US without the Pats fans.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Sounds amazing. Sold me.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

If we're still pitching "You should live in my city", I'm pitching my city, Glasgow.

Come here because the price of living is tiny compared to anywhere in the US short of Detroit while also being a very nice city.

I thought Scotland was suppose d to be like the Alabama of the UK?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You should live in my city it's a massive suburban sprawl with a bunch of non-discernible box store shopping centers every few miles oh and it's almost $2000 for a 1 BR apartment actually don't move to San Jose :suicide:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Flikken posted:

I thought Scotland was suppose d to be like the Alabama of the UK?

Nah, that's Wales. All weird names and stories of men copulating with animals.

However, we do share the deep south's love of deep-frying food.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 23, 2015

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

So just slightly less awful

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Spoeank posted:

You should live in my city it's a massive suburban sprawl with a bunch of non-discernible box store shopping centers every few miles oh and it's almost $2000 for a 1 BR apartment actually don't move to San Jose :suicide:

move to SEA! same price, but you get a green city and hipsters

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Sweeper posted:

Does any place in America NOT have goofy-beard-and-PBR stereotypical hipsters at this point? You'd need a 100 kT nuke to purge them from East Nashville.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

My brother and his wife live in Sunnyvale :byodood:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

gently caress off, Lahey

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Sold! I'd love to live in the UK/Ireland somewhere. Screw AZ summers.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ross Angeles posted:

gently caress off, Lahey
idgi

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Sorry your sister and I made the same awful mistake.

We're getting out of here to either Monterey or Sonora when our lease is up though. So excited to move.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtqX6d5iCyM

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Marcus Cannon and Jabal Sheard have been ruled out for the Pats. Bilal Powell is out for the Jets.

Stevan Ridley might actually make his debut this week so that's cool. Cannon injury will of course not affect the Pats in any meaningful way because Brady passes in 0.5 seconds.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ozu posted:

Marcus Cannon and Jabal Sheard have been ruled out for the Pats. Bilal Powell is out for the Jets.

Stevan Ridley might actually make his debut this week so that's cool. Cannon injury will of course not affect the Pats in any meaningful way because Brady passes in 0.5 seconds.

I dunno, missing 2 of your top 3 tackles is pretty bad and once you get past Cannon the depth chart is in :iiam: territory.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Hey Fiz or a Mod, close this old-rear end thread. :D

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

wrong thread. close

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Sweeper posted:

Kind of a win/lose scenario there

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ozu posted:

One of the reasons the Patriots struggled in the beginning of the last year was weak o-line play and fixing it is a lot of what got them back on their feet. So it's definitely not meaningless.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

sean10mm posted:

Does any place in America NOT have goofy-beard-and-PBR stereotypical hipsters at this point? You'd need a 100 kT nuke to purge them from East Nashville.

pbr is passé come drink some rainier!

rainier is owned by pabst

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
gently caress YOUR CITIES DC BITCH

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sweeper posted:

pbr is passé come drink some rainier!

rainier is owned by pabst
Narragansett Lager is the new PBR. Crush it like Quint.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
what is a hipster

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

nerve posted:

what is a hipster

A young white person that you don't like.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Nah, that's Wales. All weird names and stories of men copulating with animals.

However, we do share the deep south's love of deep-frying food.

...and the love of whacking their white balls round with a stick.

Golf is endemic in the South.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

defaultluser posted:

...and the love of whacking their white balls round with a stick.

Golf is endemic in the South.

It's fun. It's like a nature walk, with a club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

computer parts posted:

A young white person that you don't like.

+ gay blacks

• Locked thread