Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

In my defense, this happened only two weeks ago and I was making a shitpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Ironically reaching for it with his left hand.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Never had any trackball control quite that large, but I did have one of these, which I got at a garage sale for like 10 bucks back in the day.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lobsterminator posted:

Ironically reaching for it with his left hand.

You hold it in your left hand and operate it with the right, obviously

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gonz posted:

Never had any trackball control quite that large, but I did have one of these, which I got at a garage sale for like 10 bucks back in the day.

I just remembered I have a Logitech trackball (I think it's newer than that and maybe darker - the ball's the same tho) somewhere. I should maybe dig it up because the desk in my living room isn't good for mousing on.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That's what I like about my BlueTrack Microsoft mouse: works on any surface.
As much as I enjoyed my old gaming mouse I'm not going back.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Trackers. A bit of me still jumps up and down in excitement whenever somebody mentions tracker music.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

RocketMermaid posted:

Trackers. A bit of me still jumps up and down in excitement whenever somebody mentions tracker music.
Demoscene/tracked music in general is literally why I would never pay for a streaming music service, because so much of the music I actively listen to is non-commercial and will never show up there unless illegally or through one of the handful of remastered commercial releases put out by one of the few big names who went pro

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I remember the Timbaland Commodore 64 plagiarism controversy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asy6Cpbtwfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amXNbaRtLpQ

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

oh hi

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The best part was him claiming complete naivity, not knowing any such scene existed. Then someone spotted a photo of him in his studio with a SID Station visible. Doh!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

The best part was him claiming complete naivity, not knowing any such scene existed. Then someone spotted a photo of him in his studio with a SID Station visible. Doh!

You wouldn't download a 2007 pop song "Do It" by Nelly Furtado

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

First I hear of it.
I'll note that the chiptune 'works' in a way the dance-pop version does not. dunce-poop more like.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

By popular demand posted:

First I hear of it.
I'll note that the chiptune 'works' in a way the dance-pop version does not. dunce-poop more like.

If I want to dance to a chiptune I know where I’m heading: https://youtu.be/p0KJ46snb-M?si=s7ce_t7sjgOpdMHc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Arivia posted:

If I want to dance to a chiptune I know where I’m heading: https://youtu.be/p0KJ46snb-M?si=s7ce_t7sjgOpdMHc

MÄLÄMÄLÄMÄ MÄLÄMÄLÄMÄ MATTI OU LA TEPPO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0DDY299Ly4

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

RocketMermaid posted:

Dr. Quarex posted:

Demoscene/tracked music in general is literally why I would never pay for a streaming music service, because so much of the music I actively listen to is non-commercial and will never show up there unless illegally or through one of the handful of remastered commercial releases put out by one of the few big names who went pro
Since it hasn't received a bump in a while, it's fallen outside of the first page of GBS, but we have a thread for cracktros and demos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

Gonz posted:

I've had several of these over the years, same as this image and then later the same but with a scroll wheel. I still use a slightly later model of this on my work PC, which is silver and slightly taller (and also has a wheel). And now a wireless+Bluetooth Ergo MX on my work-from-home PC. A wireless trackball, which never moves position on the desk (it was free due to being accidentally bought at work, so I'm not complaining).

I think I got the first one in about 2001 and liked it, and it helped me avoid RSI just by being different to a mouse. I never went back to a mouse after that because I fear change.