Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

baka of lathspell posted:

i caved in and had pizza. BYOB does it again

Success(?) story?

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
When I was 19-20 I lived in a small house, the one from a picture earlier with the weird wall hole, and a couple of blocks away was a water processing place. It had a big smooth parking lot and nothing else close was nice to skateboard with the small/hard wheels I had on my main. I loved the place and eventually broke my fave there on a bad landing off this ledge. I had so much fun there learning nollies, switch ollies, and fakies. I eventually ended up kickflipping from pretty much any way my feet would touch the board, including darkflips and almost railflips. So, one night I'm there with a couple people just loving off and trying not to break my ankle on varial fakieflips when some dude walks up and asks if I'd not skate there at night since they live right there and it pisses the dog off who wakes up the baby. I didn't go back after like 5-6pmish after that. I'd have been a right dick if I did. But, I also very much appreciated that rather than being pissy or anything, the guy just was nice and gently caress yea I'll always be nice to nice people.
a short story about the benefits of treating others well and it working out.

Quadramind

That pizza looks good as hell
I had soft-shell crab and masago futomaki

Those little fish eggs have so much flavour

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

Quadramind posted:

That pizza looks good as hell
I had soft-shell crab and masago futomaki

Those little fish eggs have so much flavour

no clue what that is, but drat it sure looks yummy. guessing the little bottle is soy sauce and gently caress yea sauce up everything i eat forever.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
lol princessdoom has spent over ten mins not talking to me because her multiple searches won't pull up the result that she wants and she won't admit that I was right about everyone having variable levels of estrogen and testosterone. a real rear end fact that's not even debated enough that ten mins of googling different poo poo gets someone arguing it. I love her, but she just needs to eat the L and go back to chatting about movies or whatever.

Escape From Noise

Flying fish eggs, or tobiko in Japanese.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I betrayed myself and didn't get gas last night do I have to do it today

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Hey boss i'm going to be late because I need to put go go juice in my 2011 Chevy cruise.
Every part of owning a car is a small humiliation.

baka of lathspell

Ominous Jazz posted:

Hey boss i'm going to be late because I need to put go go juice in my 2011 Chevy cruise.
Every part of owning a car is a small humiliation.

i wouldnt wanna deal lol

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

xcheopis

Live cam of Harbor Seals and live cam of Little Owls and it's cherry season! Life is good-ish.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Coffee. It's good. :coffeepal:

B33rChiller

xcheopis posted:

Live cam of Harbor Seals and live cam of Little Owls and it's cherry season! Life is good-ish.
Cornell lab has a bunch of great live feeder cams from around the world, so no matter the time of day, there's a chance you can catch sight of a cool bird.

When my kitties were still little, I'd put on recorded feeder cams with birds and squirrels in little dioramas on my tablet, and put it on a stand right by my bed. The cats would always paw at the screen, and skip the videos. I found a solution in an app made for Parkinsons sufferers. It locks the touch input so you can read without accidentally tapping away. The unlock is a quadruple tap within a specific circle.
Perfect. The kitties can paw and sniff the screen all they like.
Both Petey and Charlie (rip) loved watching their birdy shows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txk-5g1E1J0

Barking Gecko posted:

Coffee. It's good. :coffeepal:
:sludgepal:

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
xcheopis

I'm really only interested in owls, as I'm not over fond of birds. Little Owls are my favourites but our own owls in the Americas are also exceptionally beautiful and clever and charming.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
It's a tad surreal to see someone you'd presume would be confident in everything dealing with mundane problems.

Like a famous actor struggling to find coins that the parking meter will accept. Or your boss's boss's boss in line to see HR with their vacation request form.

It's not schadenfreude because some of them can be really nice people or at least you don't know if they're not. And it's not even being stunned by the realization that 'they're just like us!' because A) you knew they are, and B) they aren't.

More like being hit with the realization that problems and inconveniences you have now won't all go away if you hit that level.

One nurse once surprised me with what seemed like her own wise take on it, when a younger nurse mentioned having stumbled into a hospital director who drove a Ferrari sleeping under their desk: Nobody has a completely easy life. People can have very hard lives. But not entirely easy ones. The number of inconveniences you can encounter are so many and varied that money, talent, health, and influence can only mitigate some of them. Even if you think the queen of England has the ideal life for you and even if you're right, it's probably not the ideal life for her and she's not completely in a position to change things.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 3, 2024

baka of lathspell

i wouldnt wanna be the queen of england either since shes not alive

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

xcheopis

yay rain!

baka of lathspell

xcheopis posted:

yay rain!

i hate rain but it was sunny today. good weather for everyone itt

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

xcheopis

baka of lathspell posted:

i hate rain but it was sunny today. good weather for everyone itt

I vastly prefer fog and lots of it.

baka of lathspell

oh yea fog is great no question. here we rarely get fog with our rain tho lol

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

what's up byob

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Goons Are Gifts

Hello hi welcome, chat!!
Had a weekend, now it's mostly over, it's a busy time over here, but it's okay! There's always time to post

I have to handle a lot of stuff with the new week dropping by, need to pay for a bunch of new meds and additional things which will be a challenge, plus I'm still rather weak in terms of general feeling but I'm here, I'm queer, I'm posting and I hope so are you!

baka of lathspell

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Hello hi welcome, chat!!
Had a weekend, now it's mostly over, it's a busy time over here, but it's okay! There's always time to post

I have to handle a lot of stuff with the new week dropping by, need to pay for a bunch of new meds and additional things which will be a challenge, plus I'm still rather weak in terms of general feeling but I'm here, I'm queer, I'm posting and I hope so are you!

i'm attempting to post

i sincerely hope you feel stronger soon GAG

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Prof. Crocodile

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Hello hi welcome, chat!!

i will never be not posting :haibrower:

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Four of my five (don't ask) financial institutions have started sending me push notifications on my phone letting me know that my balance is low.

While I get that this might not be a useless feature if I had automatic bill payments set up, it's also like

What you want me do, bruh? Run out and sell drugs to quickly top up? Rob another bank? I have to wait until payday next week and so do you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

that does sound wack lol

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)