Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

people were telling you guys from early in the primaries that you had to inspire people to vote and you and other hillary faithful ducked your heads in the sand instead of pushing her to be a better candidate (or better yet, not nominating her in the first place)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Remember when Debbie Wasserman Schultz stepped down from the DNC in disgrace and then Clinton immediately hired her on her campaign?

"But it's a symbolic position. She can't do anything! This is a good thing actually"!

lol

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Condiv posted:

i'm specifically speaking to the failures of your candidate and the fact that you continue to make excuses for her by blaming people who didn't vote for her

hillary could've moved left and attracted more voters easily, she specifically chose not to and you are blaming voters for her bad decisions

I see

I agree she made some bad decisions.

She should have appealed to Bernie supporters directly and on their level like Trump did with the Rust belt. Also no one likes Hillary so dems should have gone with someone with a higher popularity rating.

She couldn't get Bernie's supporters and it was them specifically that left the base to support Trump because it was mostly dems and independents that left Hillary to support Trump. This did not happen in the reverse.

She was not a populist candidate. However I was taught that the informed voter should not seek out demagogues or a populist candidate.

This election was about everything I learned about succeeding in life and attaining the respect of the community going up in flames.

Our political system is a bad rap video and this is the dystopian dark future.

Let me know if you see some horsemen, I'll get the cyanide for my timely demise.

It's purely due to love of my husband I'm not already looking for good bridges to jump off.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

They also love Tim Kaine. I had numerous people talk at me about why he was such a great choice for VP, and how Berniebros were just being unreasonable about it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Princess Di posted:

I see

I agree she made some bad decisions.

She should have appealed to Bernie supporters directly and on their level like Trump did with the Rust belt. Also no one likes Hillary so dems should have gone with someone with a higher popularity rating.

She couldn't get Bernie's supporters and it was them specifically that left the base to support Trump because it was mostly dems and independents that left Hillary to support Trump. This did not happen in the reverse.

She was not a populist candidate. However I was taught that the informed voter should not seek out demagogues or a populist candidate.

This election was about everything I learned about succeeding in life and attaining the respect of the community going up in flames.

Our political system is a bad rap video and this is the dystopian dark future.

Let me know if you see some horsemen, I'll get the cyanide for my timely demise.

It's purely due to love of my husband I'm not already looking for good bridges to jump off.

who taught you populism was demagoguery? was it the same brilliant politicians who were so deluded they were completely blindsided by a trump win?

you've been taken for a ride this whole election. we had the strength to win, and the movement to win. all opportunities to do so were unintentionally smothered by neoliberals in search of greater wealth for themselves. if hillary had spent less time courting the ultra-wealthy and more time campaigning i think she would have won

Condiv has issued a correction as of 22:47 on Nov 10, 2016

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Condiv posted:

who taught you populism was demagoguery? was it the same brilliant politicians who were so deluded they were completely blindsided by a trump win?

I believe I listed them as two distinctly different things.

As for who taught me?

School.

I'm saying everyone I know including many people on this forum were blindsided by a Trump win.

Even his supporters were blindsided.

People sitting at home with no stake in this and no opinion on it. People who never vote, and I'm likely becoming one of these people, were blindsided.

Everyone was blindsided.

And this is just the beginning folks, the curse is real and it's here, we are living in exciting times.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Princess Di posted:

I believe I listed them as two distinctly different things.

As for who taught me?

School.

I'm saying everyone I know including many people on this forum were blindsided by a Trump win.

Even his supporters were blindsided.

People sitting at home with no stake in this and no opinion on it. People who never vote, and I'm likely becoming one of these people, were blindsided.

Everyone was blindsided.

And this is just the beginning folks, the curse is real and it's here, we are living in exciting times.

Don't post.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
being salty af

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

smoking pit :confused:

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Being maudlin as poo poo after spending months making GBS threads on Bernie and his supporters.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Cotton Candidasis posted:

Being maudlin as poo poo after spending months making GBS threads on Bernie and his supporters.

Being a Bernie supporter after the close of the primaries, and by the way I don't remember making GBS threads on Bernie supporters before then since I had to carefully weigh my decision of Bernie vs Hillary, was tantamount to making GBS threads on Trump supporters.

Bernie was not the presidential nominee, and his displaced voters voted Trump or stayed home and the numbers show that. Since facts no longer matter though I see why this gets missed while people bitch about the DNC which while a poo poo show, did not put Trump in office. The American people did. White people to be specific. I know minorities like myself came out and voted without the handwringing so miss me with that.

I'm not clapping. Get off the stage.

Oh and if you are just now finding my posts maudlin, you are new to the party.

Is that a dig? Ok Jerrynevergetstypos, good for you!

Peanut President posted:

being salty af

So? This is the salt mines.

Aw, my sympathies for offending your eyes.

Close them.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

He's referring to the remnants of his posting career, presumably.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

not writing concessions speeches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BV4_zgRTUo

literally called trump 30 minutes after this announcement to concede. what a great leader

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

astroturfing

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tell me, when you voted third party, did you visualize human rights concerning marriage equality, reproductive rights, and voting rights being sacrificed for your end goal, or did you precondition yourself to overlook what you were doing to other human beings while making your point at the polls?

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Potato Salad posted:

Tell me, when you voted third party, did you visualize human rights concerning marriage equality, reproductive rights, and voting rights being sacrificed for your end goal, or did you precondition yourself to overlook what you were doing to other human beings while making your point at the polls?

Reading this makes me take back those things I said about the human experiment being a failure.

It's really about quality verses quantity in this life isn't it?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Potato Salad posted:

are you still trying this? did you not learn anything? this kind of poo poo doesn't work

you can't shame voters into voting for your candidate, they have to actually want to vote for her. hillary gave them no reason to vote for her, only reasons to vote against donald trump.

if hillary wanted to win the election, she would have actually campaigned and tacked to the left

hillary thought she could win with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H51HuNX41Fg instead of an actual platform and that was reflected in her turnout

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

quote:

Bernie was not the presidential nominee, and his displaced voters voted Trump or stayed home and the numbers show that. Since facts no longer matter though I see why this gets missed while people bitch about the DNC which while a poo poo show, did not put Trump in office. The American people did. White people to be specific. I know minorities like myself came out and voted without the handwringing so miss me with that.
:lol: what numbers are you looking at? And :lol: again

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Peanut President posted:

calling the flyover a worthless expanse of cow poo poo and racists

idgi

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
blaming third party voters for your inability to turn out democrats

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Princess Di posted:

Being a Bernie supporter after the close of the primaries, and by the way I don't remember making GBS threads on Bernie supporters before then since I had to carefully weigh my decision of Bernie vs Hillary, was tantamount to making GBS threads on Trump supporters.

I'm not clapping. Get off the stage.

Oh and if you are just now finding my posts maudlin, you are new to the party.

Is that a dig? Ok Jerrynevergetstypos, good for you!

So? This is the salt mines.

Aw, my sympathies for offending your eyes.

Close them.

Bernie voters overwhelmingly supported Hillary you stupid loving rodent traitor milquetoast garbage pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i feel like this thread has kinda gone off subject

• Locked thread