Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

My first reaction to hearing about this was "I hope TNA doesn't edit it at all and just airs the clusterfuck unedited" , and then I remembered it was TNA so that's exactly what is going to happen. I am legit hyped for tomorrow night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
They probably keep letting the Hardy's film matches from home because they have higher production values than the Impact Zone at this point

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I tried really hard to get a screener. But failed :-(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They probably keep letting the Hardy's film matches from home because they have higher production values than the Impact Zone at this point

When you can't afford tapings it is important to get content any way you can.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The random ideas of the Hardys are more interesting than things the actual company tapes, so I hope Impact slowly devolves into two hours of Hardy tapes.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I never thought TNA would for real literally become a backyard federation but that appears to be the logical end point.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'm way too hyped for this clusterfuck

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Also the Figure 4 Weekly guys got a sneak peek and said that it's 17 minutes long and amazing so sadly it's not going to be the TNA equivalent of the All Night Long match or Joe vs Zayn.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Testekill posted:

Also the Figure 4 Weekly guys got a sneak peek and said that it's 17 minutes long and amazing so sadly it's not going to be the TNA equivalent of the All Night Long match or Joe vs Zayn.

TNA wouldn't ruin it like those other two groups.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Great White Hope posted:

The random ideas of the Hardys are more interesting than things the actual company tapes, so I hope Impact slowly devolves into two hours of Hardy tapes.

doesn't "devolve" imply that two hours of hardy tapes would be worse than impact

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hardyz still draw well for their OMEGA shows whenever they run them in North Carolina - just start taping those

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sk posted:

doesn't "devolve" imply that two hours of hardy tapes would be worse than impact

The ultimate test of which is technically worse, 2 hours of accidental repeating commercials, or 2 hours of handheld footage shot by Matt Hardy's kid holding a cell phone as Broken Matt Hardy reenacts a Shakespeare play on the dying corpse of Brother Nero slightly offcamera

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

The ultimate test of which is technically worse, 2 hours of accidental repeating commercials, or 2 hours of handheld footage shot by Matt Hardy's kid holding a cell phone as Broken Matt Hardy reenacts a Shakespeare play on the dying corpse of Brother Nero slightly offcamera

Big Money Matt doing Shakespeare has a greater than zero chance of a Shannon Moore guest appearance, so it wins pretty easily.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
TNA should just drop the Impact Zone and send their roster to North Carolina to do whatever batshit nonsense the Hardys have floating in their head.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TNA should just give the Hardys creative control and let them book everything

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I'm excited for a TNA show and I don't know how to handle that feeling

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

CubsWoo posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CubsWoo posted:

Enjoy your Nazi show.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Enjoy your Nazi show.

dominion was a month ago

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So this whole thing is a worked work right? It's like The Room but intentional? Because everything I've seen is legitimately too funny to be organic. I legit refuse to believe this isn't a meta work.

Like I literally believe the end of the match will be Matt and Jeff turning to the camera and saying "The Aristocrats!!!",

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
There is going to be a psp viewing for this right?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Paulocaust posted:

So this whole thing is a worked work right? It's like The Room but intentional? Because everything I've seen is legitimately too funny to be organic. I legit refuse to believe this isn't a meta work.

Like I literally believe the end of the match will be Matt and Jeff turning to the camera and saying "The Aristocrats!!!",

Matt Hardy can have a legitimately good sense of comedic timing but I'm sure Jeff thinks everything is being played totally straight (or as straight as things can be laid out in Jeffs head)

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
What will John Zandig's reaction to this be?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
It's not a work. The production team they have making these videos suck and the Hardy's have really bad taste.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I am totally behind TNA becoming the wrestling equivalent of "The Room." At least it's something different.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Who else but Jeff "Brother Nero" Hardy could come up with inserted audio of himself cutting a promo over top of slow motion footage of him walking backstage, like he's just thinking really loudly and everyone else can hear it

imo I'm glad they're finally giving him the book of whole storylines, instead of just ability to do his own entrance music, face paint, and promos

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Who else but Jeff "Brother Nero" Hardy could come up with inserted audio of himself cutting a promo over top of slow motion footage of him walking backstage, like he's just thinking really loudly and everyone else can hear it

imo I'm glad they're finally giving him the book of whole storylines, instead of just ability to do his own entrance music, face paint, and promos

Nah Lagana and Borash are big parts of this too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Nah Lagana and Borash are big parts of this too.

both are total dweebs and are likely to cave on whatever the wrestlers want to do. Which is why I'm looking forward to a couple of hillboys resolving their dispute the good old fashioned way: through fireworks.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Howling Man posted:

What will John Zandig's reaction to this be?

"THERE WAS FIVE OF THEM!" - Zandig on the number of TNA fans

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bryan totally sold me on this when he talked about how Matt Hardy started off doing backyard nonsense, became a TV star for his whole adult life, and now, at 40, basically can put his backyard nonsense on TV.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So has Captain Yesterday given up on making TNA threads with hilarious OPs?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSenor/status/750405753068883969

MASSACRE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

So has Captain Yesterday given up on making TNA threads with hilarious OPs?

I'm working on one, gimme a sec

E: and up!

DJExile fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 5, 2016

• Locked thread