Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
The idea is this -- Demetrious Johnson gets sent back in time with his current skill level along with his size and athletic ability. He fights in UFC 1. Where does he lose for the first time? Again, this is DJ with his 2016 striking, wrestling and grappling knowledge. We're dropping today DJ into UFC 1 and wondering how far he could go...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Considering the best example comparison, which is Japan, that gave us the time Butterbean fought Genki Sudo.

He doesn't lose.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
The sport is wayy different so with no weight cutting and no judges I think DJ gets flattened by a 500 pound sumo guy or some poo poo.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

The sport is wayy different so with no weight cutting and no judges I think DJ gets flattened by a 500 pound sumo guy or some poo poo.

Wasn;t the very first UFC match some tiny dude kicking the poo poo out of a Sumo though?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna say Dan Severn would've been the best bet early on if he managed to grab him and lay on him for a decision

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
gordeau probably would have blinded him at ufc 1

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

he would have made it to UFC 6 before getting gang jumped in the parking garage by Tank Abbott and his associates after Tank makes a racist remark to him. DJ cannot compete.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Mighty Mouse owns

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

super macho dude posted:

he would have made it to UFC 6 before getting gang jumped in the parking garage by Tank Abbott and his associates after Tank makes a racist remark to him. DJ cannot compete.

This would have been the best chapter in Tank's book, too. Oh, for a better world :smith:

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wasn;t the very first UFC match some tiny dude kicking the poo poo out of a Sumo though?

If by tiny dude you mean 6 foot 5 Dutch kickboxer Gerard Gordeau, then yes.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
DJ only loses when Scott Hall attacks him with a stun gun

https://vid.me/rpd0

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait to watch him in Atlanta next month and watch him smash Some Jobber

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

LobsterMobster posted:

DJ only loses when Scott Hall attacks him with a stun gun

https://vid.me/rpd0

i remember when this happened i flipped over a plastic table and practiced my elbow drops on my sister's teddy bear for an hour until I slipped and cut my foot on the couch cushion zipper

what i'm saying is gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

afatwhiteloaf posted:

If by tiny dude you mean 6 foot 5 Dutch kickboxer Gerard Gordeau, then yes.

poo poo, well to be fair, everyone looks tiny next to a sumo

• Locked thread