Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm spinning this off of the GOP Death Thread because I think it's worth discussing.

Think of your vision of a "mainstream Republican" that is holding or running for elected office. What do you think this person believes? How will they vote in Congress? What bills would they sign/veto as a Governor?

Please answer these questions about your version of this hypothetical typical Republican in spoiler tags without reading anyone else's first, because I'm curious to see what people believe the bedrock values of the GOP are in The Year Of Our Trump 2016.

What is the "mainstream GOP" policy regarding:

Gay marriage
Minimum wage
Equal pay for women
Immigration
Universal background checks for gun sales
"Bathroom bills"
Funding Planned Parenthood
Social Security
Infrastructure
Replacement for Obamacare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
TRUMP!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
You know how they put special needs kids in normal classes and call it "mainstreaming"? Same thing but politics.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

*click*

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm spinning this off of the GOP Death Thread because I think it's worth discussing.

Think of your vision of a "mainstream Republican" that is holding or running for elected office. What do you think this person believes? How will they vote in Congress? What bills would they sign/veto as a Governor?

Please answer these questions about your version of this hypothetical typical Republican in spoiler tags without reading anyone else's first, because I'm curious to see what people believe the bedrock values of the GOP are in The Year Of Our Trump 2016.

What is the "mainstream GOP" policy regarding:

Gay marriage
Minimum wage
Equal pay for women
Immigration
Universal background checks for gun sales
"Bathroom bills"
Funding Planned Parenthood
Social Security
Infrastructure
Replacement for Obamacare

I'm not even sure if there is a 'mainstream Republican' anymore as the party has become very defused and fractured, but using the base line of JEB!/Paul Ryan/John Kasich(all three are pretty main stream but different) I'll try and answer these questions...

Gay Marriage - "its the law of the land" or "State's rights" and a shrug.
Minimum wage - mainstreamers would "keep it as is"
Equal pay for women - They would not legislate this.
Immigration - some form of amnesty/reform.
Universal background checks for guns - no, never.
Bathroom bills - STATE'S RIGHTS!
Funding Planned Parenthood - Against
Social Security - reform(differing opinions but they basically want to gut it)
Infrastructure - Some projects but nothing massive.
Obamacare - repeal, 'let the market do its magic'

Montasque has issued a correction as of 07:28 on Aug 3, 2016

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Thanks for using spoiler tags

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

Thanks for using spoiler tags

I DIDNT READ YOUR SUPER IMPORTANT RULES.

I wish Trump would kick THIS baby out, am I rite?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Well the point was to try and see what people thought without other posters influencing them, but whatever

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

Well the point was to try and see what people thought without other posters influencing them, but whatever

I fixed it. Your thread is saved.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Montasque posted:

I fixed it. Your thread is saved.

Thank you.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
_______________________lol_____________________________________TRUMP!!!_______

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

This is the best answer possible, closing thread.

• Locked thread