Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

External assembly is done. Epoxy has been sanded with 60 and 120 grit. Still a little bit of orange peel, but as my wife said, "Perfection is the enemy of done." I had to move indoors because it is windy and occasionally rainy outside. When I painted the interior with epoxy, pine needles and grass kept blowing in. Painting indoors means I have to take precautions.

A handsome man in an organic vapor respirator. Keep your brains unscrambled, kiddos. I'd rather be painting outdoors or in the open boathouse, but time is running short and other people have other projects that booted me and mine out of my preferred spot. Oh well. It means I'll give a full 24 hours to dry between coats.

Tape off the gunwales, which will be green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Blueberry blue?

Blueberry blue.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

ShotgunWillie posted:

Thanks! I have been thinking along the same lines, but putting the info in place of the original registration stickers.

Blueberry in the middle instead of 1968, my name
on top, and the initials of everyone who lent hands on the bottom.
If you'd like you can pm me all that and I can put it in a file later. Like I said my skills are minimal but practice helps, etc etc.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

ShotgunWillie posted:

I did manage to get it off in one piece. I might test a couple solvents to see if I can separate the many stuck layers to figure out what year the boat was first registered. Any ideas what might work to separate the glues, but not damage the plastic? If I can figure out the first date, I may add it to the painted plaque.

You could try Simple Green! It's been a long-time standard for stripping the paint off and softening the super glue on plastic Warhammer guys, and something I've done personally.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -