Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Speaking the khajit waterbowl. Dont put it at the bottom of the rope. It doesnt work well there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
after maxing crafting and scrying and doing DLC and finishing cadwell's gold on several characters I thought there might not be much left in this game for me to chase and that's when I went in to see what tales of tribute was like, now I'm seeing the drat cards in my sleep

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

So anyway been playing for like 3 days (mostly bc I heard there was a free house in the offering and oh boy it's HUGE, and empty but I guess I will solve that eventually). The things is & reason I am here is because, after doing the tutorial and starter island (the only one open was the roost) - I looked at the journal and one of the quests says "I died..." and in real life I said "...wat?" What did I miss? Did I gently caress up and skip a cutscene or screw up the tutorial or something? I feel like I'd remember being sent to oblivion. Or did something change somewhere and nobody updated journal.description.txt?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
The original prologue has you die in the intro cutscene. most of the narrative of the main quest line hinges on this.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
The original prologue/main quest has been moved to Glenumbra/Auridon/Stonefalls (depending on alliance), so there are some minor oddities regarding the starter islands.

You also, notably, get sent back to the starter island after doing that first main quest. So it was clearly meant to be done first and they just did the minimum amount of tweaking to move it.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Yeah just keep going, you’ll get a quest that’s like ‘Talk to the sketchy hooded figure’ and that’s the original starter quest and everything will make sense again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Well I'm doing pretty much every quest I come across, I guess it's just weird MMO jank. I play GW2 as well so I'm used to "stuff we really should get around to fixing but in ten years ain't fixed and likely ain't gonna".