Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Thanks for the tip, I played through that years ago and it's still in my steam library but danged if I can remember the plot.

No need then! Just watch these as a refresher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SxJaxpW3Hs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

facialimpediment posted:

One more thing - if you haven't played through Alan Wake's American Nightmare, do that before Alan Wake II. There's a big tie-in there that's only covered quick in the first Alan Wake.

The soundtrack for that has one of my favorite bits and theres a music video. I 100% back facies recommendation.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Manor Lords has me hooked pretty good since Friday. Early access stuff like two policies you can sign, ever, on a tree that shows like 20, and the tutorial is not going to give you critical information so you learn the hard way. Games still fun, I'm getting stuff figured out and getting solid progress towards kicking that baron's rear end.

Plays kinda like Starcraft but not just "build a pylon". A much more detailed and engaging city system where you're optimising buildings, managing personnel and supply chains, planning yearly crops for food and so on. Going to war takes a huge chunk of your population out of the shops and fields so can grind your economy to a halt.

Battles can usually be won by bigger numbers and push armies together if you want, but if you get down low and start looking there's morale bonuses that matter, charging spearmen hurts like a motherfucker, the high ground matters, flanking will destroy armies with no armor from behind, archers force units to run through engagement range reducing stamina for the melee and more I haven't found yet.

I think there's also tools for an eventual castle building/siege step in province control.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
KSP2 is dead:

https://www.eurogamer.net/kerbal-space-program-2-studio-reportedly-shut-down-by-take-two

quote:

UPDATE 11.30pm: Following reports Kerbal Space Program 2 studio Intercept Games has been shut down as part of previously announced mass layoffs by parent company Take-Two, a fresh report has claimed renowned UK developer Roll7 - known for the acclaimed likes of OlliOlli World and Rollerdrome - has been closed down too.

As reported by Bloomberg's Jason Schreier, based on a note to Take-Two staff reviewed by the publication, Roll7 is the second of two subsidiaries closing as part of Take-Two's layoffs - the first being Intercept Games. Severance agreements will reportedly be offered to Roll7 employees.

Roll7 was purchased by Private Division, Take-Two's indie publishing label, in 2021. The studio released two well-received titles - OlliOlli World and Rollerdrome - the following year.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

Manor Lords has me hooked pretty good since Friday. Early access stuff like two policies you can sign, ever, on a tree that shows like 20, and the tutorial is not going to give you critical information so you learn the hard way. Games still fun, I'm getting stuff figured out and getting solid progress towards kicking that baron's rear end.

Plays kinda like Starcraft but not just "build a pylon". A much more detailed and engaging city system where you're optimising buildings, managing personnel and supply chains, planning yearly crops for food and so on. Going to war takes a huge chunk of your population out of the shops and fields so can grind your economy to a halt.

Battles can usually be won by bigger numbers and push armies together if you want, but if you get down low and start looking there's morale bonuses that matter, charging spearmen hurts like a motherfucker, the high ground matters, flanking will destroy armies with no armor from behind, archers force units to run through engagement range reducing stamina for the melee and more I haven't found yet.

I think there's also tools for an eventual castle building/siege step in province control.

This sums it up better than I could have. I also like how you can make the burgage plots produce a small amount of resources, thus reducing the risk of falling into the dreaded survival city builder death spiral where you suddenly have an oh poo poo moment and realize that you need a huge amount of [resource X].