Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
...that the Oilers coughing up a multi-touchdown lead to the Bills is no longer the biggest choke-joke in NFL history. At least I've got that going for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

all-Rush mixtape posted:

...that the Oilers coughing up a multi-touchdown lead to the Bills is no longer the biggest choke-joke in NFL history. At least I've got that going for me.

That isn't true on a pure score level

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Intel drones will be murdering us all in a matter of years.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Elephanthead posted:

Intel drones will be murdering us all in a matter of years.

good

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I have this feeling that this is the apex moment of Brady and the Patriots and they don't reach this height again. The Raiders and Cowboys are at the beginning of a talent run. I seriously don't know about next year ( I think they'll make the playoffs but will be beat) but in two this Patriots run will be history.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Darth Brooks posted:

I have this feeling that this is the apex moment of Brady and the Patriots and they don't reach this height again. The Raiders and Cowboys are at the beginning of a talent run. I seriously don't know about next year ( I think they'll make the playoffs but will be beat) but in two this Patriots run will be history.

it very well might be. I mean free agency is gonna be a biiiitch for the pats this year

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Darth Brooks posted:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I've watched enough football to know when dynasties end and New England is getting close.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I'm fine with Brady winning 3 more Super Bowls as long as he loses 1 more to Eli in there somewhere.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Darth Brooks posted:

I've watched enough football to know when dynasties end and New England is getting close.

you see son, right after their seventh Super Bowl appearance in two decades... that's the one

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Darth Brooks posted:

They have the fourth most cap space in the NFL and are probably going to scam another team (maybe mine!) into trading a high draft pick for their backup QB.

What's your definition of close, exactly?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I know it would be nice to believe this run will last forever and all of you seem to be taking this personally, but all dynasties end. Football teams evolve very fast. Someone finds a Dak Prescott or Kurt Warner or a Tom Brady and a suddenly the landscape changes. The owner dies and his children take over and you have Bill Bidwell (or Jed York) and a thousand years of mediocrity or the team is sold and you have Art Modell telling Paul Brown that he doesn't know how to coach anymore. The run the Patriots are on is unusual and it depends on things that cannot be sustained forever.

How well have Brady's backups done when they were taken out of New England?
How well have Belichick's assistant coaches (the ones who will be replacing him) done in other places?
How well have the GM's done?.
Do you imagine that neither will ever retire?

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 7, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm sure it will end soon (relatively). And the next year or two is a good guess because Brady is going to be 40 in August and the team has a bunch of critical free agents this season. But I don't know that the team will ever completely implode ala the 49ers. Even outside of the absurd success of the Belichick era, the Patriots have been a reasonably well managed team since Kraft bought them.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Darth Brooks posted:

I know it would be nice to believe this run will last forever and all of you seem to be taking this personally, but all dynasties end.

They just won their fifth championship in a little over a decade, none of their fans give a gently caress if the dynasty is coming to an end soon.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

my oracle says that the dynasty of the team with the greatest ever qb and greatest ever coach that are probably going to both retire within 5 years might end, say, in the next five years

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

PrinceRandom posted:

That isn't true on a pure score level

The Oilers weren't up 19 in the 4th

Also Bebee totally stepped OOB

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I've been around football a long time, so you can take it to the bank that this historically unprecedented, almost impossible run of success isn't going to last forever.

<puffs pipe, bubbles come out>

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

big money big clit posted:

I've been around football a long time, so you can take it to the bank that this historically unprecedented, almost impossible run of success isn't going to last forever.

<puffs pipe, bubbles come out>

lmao

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's close though. Like, somewhere between one and seven years from now. I've seen every football that's happened, and then some, if you know what i mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm sure it will end soon (relatively). And the next year or two is a good guess because Brady is going to be 40 in August and the team has a bunch of critical free agents this season. But I don't know that the team will ever completely implode ala the 49ers. Even outside of the absurd success of the Belichick era, the Patriots have been a reasonably well managed team since Kraft bought them.
It also took a very long time for that to happen to the 49ers, since they were very good going into the Jeff Garcia years.

• Locked thread