Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Oooh Against the Storm is on sale right now on gog for $20. That might be what I do today

And Rimworld is 20% off too. If anyone's ever wanted to give that a try, the game's better than ever thanks to some free QOL improvements that were introduced alongside the new horror-themed DLC (which is also excellent). There was this expectation that the official Dwarf Fortress steam release was going to eat the game's lunch, but that didn't wind up happening, which I'm glad for because I really like having a scifi-themed colony builder game that's actually good

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

Unless it's always-online garbage, you should be able to specify a previous version in the game's steam properties, check the updates tab

Most Steam games don't offer that as an option; the ones that do are basically hijacking the Betas tab to offer them, but that's a developer going above and beyond rather than something that's normal

The updates tab just lets you specify when you'll update, it doesn't let you select an older version or prevent updates entirely. But I feel like going Offline should let OP keep playing the version that they're on.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

QuarkJets posted:

Oooh Against the Storm is on sale right now on gog for $20. That might be what I do today

And Rimworld is 20% off too. If anyone's ever wanted to give that a try, the game's better than ever thanks to some free QOL improvements that were introduced alongside the new horror-themed DLC (which is also excellent). There was this expectation that the official Dwarf Fortress steam release was going to that didn't wind up happening, which I'm glad for because I really like having a scifi-themed colony builder game that's actually good

Against the Storm is one of my favorite games of all time. Infinitely replayable, so many levels of strategy and planning without being so complicated that it feels like a job. Its so good.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The newest Civ game was most fun on its first patch. It had 2 major "problems" that made the game more fun. First you could send a worker to neutral or enemy lands to extract resources from their tiles. Second bartering and deal making was totally broke , just whackydoo but in a way you could often get to work on in your favour in absurd ways.
.I played on it for a long time and then eventually got some DLC I wanted to try and had to update. I kind of thought I could always easily go back to the original version, but probably not.