Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Asehujiko posted:

Fun fact I discovered earlier this evening: The SP is opposed to universal basic income.
Dogmatic dinosaur doesn't understand how the future will change once his old rear end expires? I'm *shocked*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dutch public news station NOS made this, because it's 100 years since district voting was abolished in the Netherlands and replaced by proportional representation.

Top image: The actual number of seats each party got in the recent elections.
Bottom image: The number of seats each party would have gotten if the Netherlands were divided in 150 ( = number of seats) districts of roughly equal population, with the district borders decided by 'regional identity', and if seats were decided by "winner takes all" in each district.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
That's a bad graph because in a proportional system loads of votes that went to smaller parties will go to one or two large parties. Actually we would only have 2 real parties in such a system, just like the uk or us. Which have bad systems.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

http://www.parool.nl/binnenland/kamerleden-denk-woedend-over-plek-in-de-kamer~a4477713/

Genocide denying shitheads and all around terrible party DENK are just *seething* over their seat allocation on the back middle row to the point where they're threatening to not take their seats. :cawg:
The rationale is that closer to the front = more important, and being seated in the middle makes it more difficult for them to walk up to the interruption microphone.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Asehujiko posted:

Fun fact I discovered earlier this evening: The SP is opposed to universal basic income.

I'm pretty suspicious of basic income seeing how so many liberal parties appear to support it (marginally at least). It sounds nice, but I'm not sure if it can't be turned against the people it's supposed to help in some way. It's not hard to imagine some right wing government replacing a lot of social security and healthcare services with basic income while marketizing everything and loving over a lot of people who need extra financial support like the chronically ill and so on. It depends on the prices of goods, how high the basic income actually is, and in what political context it's introduced.

Remember it's in the interest of capital to keep a large number of people unemployed to keep pressure on the labor movement so that worker demands can't get too high and wages stay low. Basic capital is compatible with an inflationary, high unemployment society. It might actually lead to a larger wealth gap depending on how it plays out and how it's managed.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 24, 2017

• Locked thread