Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hi adam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hi

my names not adam

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Sony Xperia M4 Aqua is my favourite android phone ever, as it has been very good

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

1gnoirents posted:

just replace it bud

Every time I get phone envy I just remember that we live in a consumer society and that replacing will not truly make me feel better except for the week long dopamine rush of aquiring. Aside from a shorter battery life this phone is just fine and I will only become happier by growing my relationships with friends and family.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

500 bad things posted:

s7 waterproof and built in wireless charging though

i stopped caring about wireless charging when i only need to plug my phone in every 2 days or so rather than having to leave it on a charging pad on my desk intermittently

Howdges posted:

This is the way to do it. phones are good enough now that you don't need to spend more than $100 to get a decent one. just make sure you get something like an LG, motorola, samsung, etc. don't buy that no name poo poo

you're no better off buying cheap no-name stuff than the budget entry level offerings of samsung, LG, et al. their top of the line eh probably

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
and lol if you even remotely trust the waterproofing on your phone that primarily consists of an awkward shaped gasket seal on the snap-on plastic back cover

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
The water resistance on my S5 was badass and saved me on more than one occasion

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i will have you know this poorly designed and hastily implemented checkbox feature actually might have worked a handful of times

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

nigga crab pollock posted:

:same:

it is a phone. its fine. android 7.1 is raelly good

i dont trust lg's build quality though i have a feeling it will die in 2 years or less but hey i got it for cheap

still running Nexus 5
been dropping it while drunk a fuckton of times but managed to break the screen only once. Bough a new chink Lenovo ZUK2 because they were dirt cheap and cracked the screen on the first week, although my credit card company fully compensated it back after I filed a claim :angel:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

and lol if you even remotely trust the waterproofing on your phone that primarily consists of an awkward shaped gasket seal on the snap-on plastic back cover

Uh, the S7 doesn't have a plastic back cover. Also I've had it for almost a year and shower with it, wash it in the sink, etc with no problems. Though I did the same with my plastic snap on back S5 for 2 years with no problems

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I regularly clean my S5 in the dishwasher and like I said, it works great.

GCValentine
Oct 25, 2007
Important Event

Oscar Wild posted:

I regularly clean my S5 in the dishwasher and like I said, it works great.

The dishwasher or the phone?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I have a moto g3 and holy poo poo the touch screen sucks compared to my old rear end S3 I found in a field

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Moltke posted:

You can have sex with a galaxy 7s edge. Hope this helps.
?????

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Nexus 6P has been great for me. Pixel looks good too. Get both. And a Samsung to compare it to. Buy all the phones.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pixel doesn't take sd cards :11tea:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i havent had a phone with an sd card slot since like 2008 and i managed with an 8gb nexus 4 like what the hell are you doing with your life

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
This Android phone comes with an unlimited Data plan.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
64gb moto g4+ is the best all around value

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have an LG G5 i got for free its pretty good

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i havent had a phone with an sd card slot since like 2008 and i managed with an 8gb nexus 4 like what the hell are you doing with your life

screencapping and then archiving thousands of nude snaps from your moms and sisters

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

paul_soccer10 posted:

screencapping and then archiving thousands of nude snaps from your moms and sisters

lol gross

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i use a galaxy s4 and like it op. i program androids for work and all our test phones are nicer than mine

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

I quite like the S5. Removable battery. Takes any SD card you put in it. Great camera, great screen.

But the USB3 broke on mine. It still works as a USB2 so... I just pretend it's been upgraded to an S6 :v:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PokeJoe posted:

i use a galaxy s4 and like it op. i program androids for work and all our test phones are nicer than mine

how is terminal emulation and stuff

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ProfessorMurder posted:

This Android phone comes with an unlimited Data plan.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how much does 1gb of data cost in the us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

paul_soccer10 posted:

how is terminal emulation and stuff

the android emulator sucks balls