Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mister Bates posted:

and prior to Trump bursting from the party’s chest like a xenomorph from John Hurt, both the Dems and the entire American media establishment were earnestly convinced that Hillary’s opponent in 2016 was going to be Jeb Bush

debatin' boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the Biden admin asking all its staffers to self report marijuana use and then firing all of them dumb enough to be honest

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Kamala Harris, the only major candidate who drinks booze, has great taste in wine

www.sfchronicle.com - Thu, 13 Aug 2020 posted:

While everyone has been obsessing over Kamala Harris’ political record, there’s one very important aspect of the Democratic ticket’s vice presidential candidate that I’m simply astonished no one has been talking about : her taste in wine.

Actually, it’s notable that the senator drinks alcohol at all. Her running mate, Joe Biden, is famously a teetotaler — remember when he brought non-alcoholic beer to that “beer summit” with Skip Gates? — as are President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence. For the record, I applaud abstinence, especially when, as in the case of Biden, it’s practiced by someone who has a family history of alcoholism, even if it leaves this wine critic with very little fodder for newsletters.

So it wasn’t going to take a lot for Harris to impress me. Still, the question burned: What kind of wine does Harris like to drink?? That question has now been answered, at least in part. Harris is a wine club member at Rock Wall Wine Co. in Alameda, the winery confirms.

That moment came earlier this spring, while Rosenblum was working the drive-through pick-up line at her tasting room, which remains closed under Alameda County’s coronavirus shutdown plan. A woman drove up in her car to pick up her wine shipment. Rosenblum asked whether she’d like her wine placed in the backseat or the trunk, and she opted for the backseat. “Enjoy the vino!” she called out to the customer.

“Thank you Shauna!” the customer replied.

“I closed the door and the car drove off and I said, ‘That woman sure looked a lot like Kamala Harris,’” Rosenblum recalls. Her colleague confirmed that it was Harris; she uses a pseudonym for her wine club membership. According to the colleague, Harris is a regular at Rock Wall’s tasting room and loves Rosenblum’s wines.

There are a few things I like about this anecdote. First, Harris supports local, independent wineries. Second, she goes to pick up her own wine in her own car, which is something I always assume important people have assistants do for them. Third, she knows good wine when she sees it. I endorse her choice of Rock Wall.

The urban winery, located inside an airplane hangar inside the former Naval Air Station Alameda, puts out an eclectic mix of bottles. A few of my favorites are the floral, honeyed Fiano (a Campanian white grape variety that I adore; $20), the delightfully herbal Rigg Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, from a backyard vineyard in Castro Valley ($50) and the juicy, spicy Alegria Vineyard Zinfandel ($55).

Of course, it shouldn’t come as a shock that Harris has good taste in food and wine — she’s from Oakland and Berkeley, after all. Maya Rudolph’s Saturday Night Live impersonations of Harris have already featured martini glasses and frozen cocktails. And let’s not forget the time she bet against Senator Ted Cruz on the outcome of the 2017 World Series with two bottles of wine. If the Biden-Harris ticket prevails, the White House’s drinking game will be taken several notches up.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

remember when al sharpton looked like an obese katt williams? lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
some gentlemen are meant to be gentlemen of size.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Obama's faked Flint water drink stunt

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Mister Bates posted:

and prior to Trump bursting from the party’s chest like a xenomorph from John Hurt, both the Dems and the entire American media establishment were earnestly convinced that Hillary’s opponent in 2016 was going to be Jeb Bush

I don't think they could've done it if Trump had died in January 2015.

They barely managed to shove Romney thru in 12, and Jeb is way more nebbish and unlikable than Romney.

I dont know who would have won in that circumstance, maybe Cruz? I think I'd honestly bet on Carson...

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Spergin Morlock posted:

remember when al sharpton looked like an obese katt williams? lol

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

democrats soliciting donations for a Republican politician whose field office was burned down

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

joe biden having multiple dogs that kept biting secret service agents

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mind_Taker posted:

joe biden having multiple dogs that kept biting secret service agents

all named like “Killer” and “Kommandant” and whatnot while every liberal is like awww he’s just such a sweet guy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Best Friends posted:

all named like “Killer” and “Kommandant” and whatnot while every liberal is like awww he’s just such a sweet guy

Do you not want dogs that bite SS agents

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Best Friends posted:

he outflanked Hitler from the right on dog names (Blondi, Blonda, Muckl, Bella, Fuchsl, Prinz). however i would say he is number two to Eva Brain (Stasi)

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81iKxbcqnXI

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Do you not want dogs that bite SS agents

i would not want to feed a dog a literal sack of poo poo, no

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Real EVA brain on that guy

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

there's a trump tweet here somewhere

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Hillary's it takes a village book

KORNOLOGY has issued a correction as of 13:46 on May 2, 2024

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

New term for getting head from a German lady found

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
60 years ago today the Viet Cong successfully sunk the US Navy transport ship Card at harbor in Saigon and got away completely unscathed, despite the bombers being caught by guards both going in and coming back out

The guards just wanted bribes lol

For added fun the battery for the bombs died on the first attempt, so they went back in, removed the bombs, sneaked out of the harbor and back to their hideout, swapped out the batteries, then went back in and re-planted the bombs, and still got away

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

There's an entire canadian province where the appearance of rats makes the news because they so successfully combatted them. Laffo so hard that "the greatest city on earth" (probably with a bigger operating budget too) can't

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

There's an entire canadian province where the appearance of rats makes the news because they so successfully combatted them. Laffo so hard that "the greatest city on earth" (probably with a bigger operating budget too) can't

that's a non-zero chance I think timeline-wise that the Joe Pera Talks To You episode about this directly lead to Eric Adams wanting to rid NYC of rats

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
She suck me off in my hospital bed I call that Eva Brain

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
learning chris hays went to school with immortal technique and lin manuel miranda and somehow wasn't the one tossed in a trash can

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Im sorry does that imply that you think Lin Manuel Miranda was ever able to put someone in a trash can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Benagain posted:

Im sorry does that imply that you think Lin Manuel Miranda was ever able to put someone in a trash can

no, it does not imply that