Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

The katakana is Gabu which is an onomatopoeia for biting, which supports the rumors of a snack based Rider

ah ha, so kamen rider gummy finally takes the stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Seems leakers have been already pouncing on the topic like crazy. Among other things, the two major leakers on Baidu who've spoiled things like the Geats Oneness Buckle, Bujin Sword, and Plosion Rage produced a very crude mock-up of Gavv's design.

...Only for it to be pointed out a very familiar design was photographed being filmed some time in the past few weeks.

Looking closely at it, several details like the color and shoulders match. Additionally, the guy on the ladder is carrying some sort of large boot/foot prop, likely used for Gavv's Rider Kick. The real curiosity is, as someone pointed out, he's fighting the Medusa Megid from Saber. Some sort of crossover special? Or the Summer movie is a Rider crossover event.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is it just me or does that boot look like one of those bean paste buns?

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
I was thinking more of like a circus peanut.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Kuuga is really good but I liked Agito better. Just preferred the setting of the occult mysteries better in Agito, along with the cast. Most of the Heisei Phase 1 series are good enough. Couldn't get into Blade, but I even liked Decade mostly due to the cast. I think Blade is the only one I haven't seen yet

Phase 2 Heisei era is pretty drat good though. Ghost was boring and Wizard was a lot of wasted potential

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I've heard Agito recommended, W was recommended to me a lot as a first but I couldn't find it on Tubi. Any other early recommendations?

I might check out Lupinranger to branch out at some point because I love Lupin III.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Deified Data posted:

I've heard Agito recommended, W was recommended to me a lot as a first but I couldn't find it on Tubi. Any other early recommendations?

I might check out Lupinranger to branch out at some point because I love Lupin III.
Agito is kind of an indirect/spiritual sequel, it's good. There's also a bunch of secondary riders who are going through their own journies.

The first 2 episodes of every Heisei Rider was uploaded to Toei's youtube channel so if you're curious you can check them out there, here's a playlist[/list] (The playlist stops at Ghost but the rest are up on their YouTube channel, just dig for them)

You'd probably have to google where to find most of them. ShoutTV has a couple of the original Heisei shows streaming for free and then Sabre/Zero-One
[url]https://shout-tv.com/tv/tokushoutsu

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Tampa Bae posted:

Agito is kind of an indirect/spiritual sequel, it's good. There's also a bunch of secondary riders who are going through their own journies.

The first 2 episodes of every Heisei Rider was uploaded to Toei's youtube channel so if you're curious you can check them out there, here's a playlist[/list] (The playlist stops at Ghost but the rest are up on their YouTube channel, just dig for them)

You'd probably have to google where to find most of them. ShoutTV has a couple of the original Heisei shows streaming for free and then Sabre/Zero-One
[url]https://shout-tv.com/tv/tokushoutsu

to be specific: Shout has the original from 1971, Kuuga, Ryuki, Zero-One, and Geats. you can also find these on Tubi

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

M.Matsuda posted:

to be specific: Shout has the original from 1971, Kuuga, Ryuki, Zero-One, and Geats. you can also find these on Tubi

I believe it's also the only place you can watch all of Ryuki without having to resort to TVN.

Every Sentai from Fiveman to Gaoranger is up there too as well as a large portion of the Ultra series (plus the original Gridman show)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Waffleman_ posted:

The katakana is Gabu which is an onomatopoeia for biting, which supports the rumors of a snack based Rider

Do they still do those fruit gummy commercials cause if so they have an opportunity to get a bit meta with it

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ah ha, so kamen rider gummy finally takes the stage.

I see we are of the same wavelength on this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Larryb posted:

I believe it's also the only place you can watch all of Ryuki without having to resort to TVN.

Every Sentai from Fiveman to Gaoranger is up there too as well as a large portion of the Ultra series (plus the original Gridman show)

don't watch the official release of gridman though subtitles are bad

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

don't watch the official release of gridman though subtitles are bad

Yeah, as far as I’m aware they basically just took the existing subs that were barely intelligible and cleaned them up a little (they did the same thing with their release of The Ultraman as well if I recall correctly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TokuRed/status/1788751849010716751?t=A0R-RnDXEvUKCXkCD0lcvQ&s=19

folks, we got him