Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Clockwerk is still really fun to play.

Except for the parts when you accidentally trap your teammates on the wrong side of the cogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Pureauthor posted:

Clockwerk is still really fun to play.

Except for the parts when you accidentally trap your teammates on the wrong side of the cogs.

Have you checked out hard support clock? It's so much fun to zone. I just max battery assault, get rocket flare and ult, and not worry about cogs unless there's a reason to. It's super effective to keep the slow/stun and damage up at low movespeed with just battery assault and body blocking. Get cogs when people start to be able to escape

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Took me longer than it should to realize that doubling up on armor rings is the way to go for those melee supports who just want to run at people all game.

human of smells
Aug 25, 2023
oh poo poo guys i was messing with a mod for nights into dreams and thought like what if they made a dota hero like that. mobility transformations, paraloop/circling enemies to damage them. might be cool.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Veno chat:

Build what your team needs, he's pretty versatile in that way. As was mentioned, he's no longer a blink and die hero, so building auras, crest and vessel are all options. Drums, greaves, pipe and vlads are all great depending on yours and the enemies team comps.

Don't forget the shard if the enemy has dispels. And if you need a dispel of your own, euls and lotus are both good for the hero.

I finished the crown fall map, I'm assuming the candlemaker location will open up with a future act?

Haven't used my coin discount. The arcanas are still 40 something Aussie dollars after the diiscount which is still more than the first arcanas originally released for. Dunno of i go the candy pack for free or maybe just grab a few of each chest. My candy rerolls have all been rear end.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
the chests don't really do much for me which is good because then I don't have a compulsion to buy em. buy the funny crownfall creeps pack if you havent

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Man, I just did a terrible DK offlane game with a P4 Venge. From minute zero is was chatting that he had me muted from a previous game since I'm toxic, I don't remember him at all. We were against a Lifestealer and Mirana. He was livid I didn't skill stun. What is the point? Like we're going to get a kill on on LS when every time Mirana is just going to arrow me from fog if I go in. The Venge skilled the aura, so the lane was always super deep, never stacked, never pulled, and kept taking last hits. The entire game he just voice chatted how badly I was playing.

I went Midas because my dumpster lane, and we were actually doing pretty good until the GD Venge swapped in their Blademail Centuar with Lifestealer infect about three times in a row while we tried to def HG. Fortunately our sniper played at melee range and killed himself on return/blade mail every time so it was a quick game.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
So a friend of mine gifted me the kid invoker set, I am not a mid player but I'm trying him pos 4 and he's stupid fun, I'm pretty handy with sunstrike even at level 1 and tornado is such a great spell, people don't account for the dispel

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

For god’s sake don’t nado the guy your team’s initiating on.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Nfcknblvbl posted:

For god’s sake don’t nado the guy your team’s initiating on.

I see so few Invokers at my trash skill bracket, can you still shift-queue blink out of his tornado?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Tornado saving people is number one way to get gg injoker comments

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I did a couple matches just now, and won, wondered why the heck I'm not getting crownfall tokens. Guess what? The event's over! I'm sure it's a mistake but nice one Valve.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1chzjas/crownfall_is_over_thx_for_playing/ posted:

Valve literally forgot to extend event end time. Source - game code
"event_end_time" "1714600800" // Wednesday, May 1, 2024 3:00:00 PM GMT-07:00
"expiration_date" "1714600800" // Wednesday, May 1, 2024 3:00:00 PM GMT-07:00
So the event was amazing thx Valve <3
Edit:
Clownfall released!(Once again) Hope this is not just a cosmetic patch

Edit: It's fixed but it looks like I'm out of luck on the tokens I would have earned, nice.

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 2, 2024

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
That's very funny, rip to your tokens though.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Doing extremely well with lion suck build, recommended to all MMR lovers. You do first have to identify the draft before embarking on the journey, if you are the initiator you have to dump the suck plan and get a blink as usual.
If you HAVE an initiator, and hopefully some tank, and or teammates like drow, Zeus, viper, etc, who starve for mana, this build is quite godlike. Even better if the enemy has mana drain vulnerable hero such as tide, bristleback, death prophet etc.

Your positioning with this has to be such that you are NOT ever initiated on, you are always waiting to counter initiate.

Start tangos sent Regen ring windlace. First buy tranqs for lane. Second buy wraith band. Possible third buy of wraith band or delay as needed. 1-1-4 skill build. Ideally shard at 15. Ghost Sceptre next if appropriate for the game as you can ethereal - stun - suck for virtual invulnerability. I take the ult gives HP and mana drain slows talents for this build. The wraith bands are the best armor for gold items and multiply at min 25 when as a pos 5 you surely are not 6 slotted anyway. Sometimes I get 3. Sucking mana into your friends after fights gives an extremely underrated amount of push potential assuming you're doing this build with the proper team.

The real power of the build is the bait potential - every Dota player is hard wired from birth to squish a lion as fast as possible. Even with just two WB and the 80 percent magic resistance, you will live through insane commitments that lion only could have dreamed about before. With ghost Sceptre timed right you are essentially invincible during suck. If you position properly you'll have enemy initiators diving past their first target to hit you, then standing there useless as your team beats them into the ground.

One unfortunate caveat is you will not and should not be trying to get finger stacks the same way as a typical lion- I almost always let it loose as part of counter initiation before suck so stacks may need to be left by the wayside.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I feel like Valve has pulled a swerve and we're either getting Bird Samurai in the next few months and Ringmaster at TI or some later date, or maybe both heroes soon. It's kinda weird all the story stuff from Crownfall so far is about a bird warrior guy we haven't seen yet and very little about Ringmaster.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
There should be a hero that makes items or equipment or some poo poo

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

they should make a hero that gets bitches....

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
r.i.p. swagger fiend too pure for this world

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Man just had a terrible game as offlane DK. Me and my P4 WD slapped. We got all outer towers super early, and then instead of getting racks our safelane Luna and Mid (?) CK just kept fountain diving and feeding instead of getting any racks. Three or four attempts at this and they caught up (they had a Techies with Aghs so their HG was just a mine field, and you couldn't dive.

They stretched the game out to 70 min and we just ran out of gas. Had we just not dove four times and feed them it'd have been over.

Oh well, one fun thing was the game before it I was an offlane BB and they had no break so I just ran over them, 150k damage recieved, 2 deaths. mahwhahahahahahhahahahaha

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Man just had a terrible game as offlane DK. Me and my P4 WD slapped. We got all outer towers super early, and then instead of getting racks our safelane Luna and Mid (?) CK just kept fountain diving and feeding instead of getting any racks. Three or four attempts at this and they caught up (they had a Techies with Aghs so their HG was just a mine field, and you couldn't dive.

They stretched the game out to 70 min and we just ran out of gas. Had we just not dove four times and feed them it'd have been over.

Oh well, one fun thing was the game before it I was an offlane BB and they had no break so I just ran over them, 150k damage recieved, 2 deaths. mahwhahahahahahhahahahaha

High ground is challenging this patch also I once the game gets to 60 mins I don't care anymore just get me out.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

ItohRespectArmy posted:

!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Isn't that just Lycan

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Lich gonna have your momma

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Nice, I thought those rewards were gone forever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I live for this.

Edit:

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 6, 2024