Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
there goes a chance to save face and let people think it was false flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, I don't know how much "sucking air out of the room" is going on due to the protests, or rather, whether it is actually putting the issue on stage in the West rather than just reporting in a slanted position by the media.

It seems like both Palestinians and their supporters in the region clearly support them, and honestly, it is probably causing some degree of paralysis since anything Israel does is going to be immediately known. Also, the Biden administration is doing huge damage to itself while America's creditability world wide is getting another giant hit.

Also, to be honest, as much as Netanyahu keeps on talking about Rafah, the fact that the IDF is getting pushback from its own forces shows how little they are interested in going back in especially since every other assault hasn't accomplished much. In addition, there is a looming response from Iran if they do actually push red lines.

It is why there is a impasse: Netanyahu isn't going to resign or agree to a real ceasefire, Hamas and its supporters aren't going to accept anything less than a real ceasefire, and honestly, the US isn't putting any real pressure on Israel either. In addition, the Palestinians are suffering but it doesn't look like a mass exodus is likely either.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 09:55 on May 5, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lol ok then tell your american passport holders to renounce their american citizenship and see how fast they run to the airport

=====

Israeli minister: We are not a star on the American flag

statement of the Minister of Settlement:

Israel is not a star on the American flag and the United States does not deserve the status of a friend of ours.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31575;&%231569;

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

https://twitter.com/GhassanAbuSitt1/status/1786673587673239605

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol yet again the french are cucked by the germans

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Didn't know the Vichy government was in control of France again.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

lol ok then tell your american passport holders to renounce their american citizenship and see how fast they run to the airport

=====

Israeli minister: We are not a star on the American flag

statement of the Minister of Settlement:

Israel is not a star on the American flag and the United States does not deserve the status of a friend of ours.

lol yes you loving are Israel. You are our 51st star.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Clip-On Fedora posted:

lol yes you loving are Israel. You are our 51st star.

Israel is such a US state it leapfrogs over the actual neglected 51st state

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Israel is such a US state it leapfrogs over the actual neglected 51st state

Puerto Rico?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

a schengen wide ban is absolutely insane, germany is so cooked

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Yangrendan posted:

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I thought I would give it a try.

Are there any good monographs or scholarly works that go into detail about Israeli food policies/controls etc. in regards to Gaza, along with the consequences for Gazans? I'd like to understand more about this but I haven't found anything good through google.

tbqh i'd be interested in it too because i also couldnt find a list of which things have been banned over time

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The Israeli security establishment have officially come to the same conclusion we came to seven months ago, that Israel has lost the war.

=====

‎Yedioth Ahronoth: Officials concluded that the war had reached an impasse‎
‎The Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth:‎

‎ The heads of the security services concluded in a meeting that the war had reached an impasse in light of the lack of support for the United States operation in Rafah.‎

‎The meeting, held 11 days ago, was described as decisive and marked a turning point in Israel's position on the swap deal.‎

‎The meeting was attended by the defense minister, the chiefs of staff, the Shin Bet, the Mossad, and the person in charge of the negotiations file.‎

‎The leaders unanimously agreed on the priority of repatriating detainees in exchange for the unconditional return of Palestinians to the northern Gaza Strip and withdrawal from Netzarim.‎

‎Officials have argued that the army is not actually fighting a war in Gaza and Netanyahu and Ben Gvir ignore this fact.‎

‎The leaders of the services agreed that Israel had lost two main advantages: American support and street unity.‎

‎Officials reached the conclusions at the same time as it was not possible to reach an agreement on the northern front without a truce in Gaza.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%AF%D8%A7%D8%A1

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Israel will now officially begin closing aljazeera and banning it from their territory

====

‎Urgent | Israel Broadcasting Corporation for Netanyahu's office: The decision to close Al Jazeera in Israel passed unanimously in the cabinet‎

‎Urgent | Israel Broadcasting Corporation for Netanyahu's office: The decision to close Al Jazeera in Israel passed unanimously in the cabinet‎

‎Netanyahu: The government headed by me unanimously decided to close the incitement channel Al-Jazeera in Israel‎

‎Israeli media: Ministers of the official camp did not participate in the voting session on the decision to close Al Jazeera‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...%83%D8%AA%D8%A8

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmfao

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

drat even worse than the leaders who caused the mass suicide at Masada?!

thats crazy

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Even if the Israeli security apparatus knows the war is unwinnable, it probably isn't going to end without Netanyahu either unlifed or in handcuffs at this point. Netanyahu has enough support, politically speaking, to stay in power, just by virtue of how extreme the Israeli population is and the mechanics of the war.

That said, I don't think the US is holding them back from Rafah really just an involuntary issue with munitions. The Israelis need massive air support if they want into Rafah and they really struggled otherwise.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

wow

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
from one man who shitted his pants to another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

netanyahu pooping his pamps

====

Reuters on Netanyahu: Israel cannot accept Hamas demands

Reuters about Netanyahu:

Israel cannot accept Hamas’s demands to end the war and withdraw troops from Gaza and continue to power.

Israel will not accept conditions amounting to surrender, and will continue to fight until war goals are achieved.

Israel ready to stop fighting in Gaza in exchange for hostage release