Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so there's no actual villain in the spidery sam arc, correct? it's just a goofy sitcom where the world mildly antagonizes peter while he overreacts.

The kid still hasn't been paid for creating the strip right?
So JJ is using his ownership of the Daily Bugle to undervalue his workers labour while he sits there and reaps the rewards.

In other words, the true villain of this arc is none other than:

Capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Capitalism AND Spider-Man.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Spider-Man enters the room, spends two minutes silently creating a web hammock chair hanging from the ceiling, hops up into it, then introduces himself to the secretary. He then immediately leaves the web chair.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
How do you think the assassin will react when he sees you, Pete?

I would kill myself in the lobby.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"darn, i couldn't get the check i would be completely unable to cash or deposit. i sure do feel bad about that."

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Extreme :rip:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well she for sure doesn’t know gently.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well she for sure doesn’t know gently.

Normally she would have had security break his ribs and the had him arrested for trespassing.

e. Then would have come the shockingly restrictive NDA.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 3, 2024

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33izVlIOgnQ

I can't get over this arc, Pete just constantly moping his way along to the next time Spidery-Sam wrecks him

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

This arc has honestly surpassed Spider-Man getting beat up by a disgraced actor in a clown suit twice for me.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

SilverSupernova posted:

This arc has honestly surpassed Spider-Man getting beat up by a disgraced actor in a clown suit twice for me.

I agree. This is the most owned Spider-man has ever been.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

MorningMoon posted:

How do you think the assassin will react when he sees you, Pete?

I would kill myself in the lobby.

This is gonna turn into a joker arc :ohdear:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Peter is going to snap and become Spidery Sam.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

Peter is going to snap and become Spidery Sam.

The Newspaper Spider-Man No More saga we've been waiting for

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Oh no! Does she suspect I'm Tarantula, which sounds like it could be like a 'spider-man' of sorts?"

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

If Tarantino were chasing me I would be terrified too

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MJ and Tarantula gonna throw hands over who gets to kill this lady first.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Peter... maybe... maybe tell them the repairman is the assassin? Again, you actually have a perfectly valid and solid explanation for why you - puny penniless photographer Peter Parker - know who the assassin is!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, this one should be obvious
"Peter Parker, of the Bugle, I'm acquainted with Joe Erickson, the FBI agent in charge of safety at this event. Tell him ASAP that the elevator technician is the assassin!" and when pressed on it after the fact the only lie he has to say is that the assassin was so cocky he didn't tie him up properly.

Depression nappies for thin-skinned no-tv-show-man

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmfao is this the first mention of christmas in this arc so far??? incredible. merry christmas pete

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

lmfao is this the first mention of christmas in this arc so far??? incredible. merry christmas pete

I think it's just that the arc's been going on for months and this one happened to be published on christmas so it's christmas now and won't be by the time he's left the apartment to fume ineffectually somewhere else

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I always like it when in-universe it's a holiday for like ten minutes. I think the Kingpin/Golden Claw arc, the one where Mammon Theater is exploded one last time, has halloween and christmas scenes.

e: that wasn't it, though Spidey does reference that it's halloween in the middle of a 3 day sequence where he offers to take off his mask for Iron Fist

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 4, 2024

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

An adult throwing a normal, adult tantrum like adults ought to do.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

MJ spends the rest night sitting next to a pouting Peter trying to use a sock puppet and a silly voice to cheer him up.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TBF, at least this time Spidery-Sam had actual consequences that weren't just "made Peter look silly." Also he didn't steal any newspapers or cause any property damage at the TV station, so you know, progress.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Cattail Prophet posted:

TBF, at least this time Spidery-Sam had actual consequences that weren't just "made Peter look silly." Also he didn't steal any newspapers or cause any property damage at the TV station, so you know, progress.

I wouldn't say "fickle network exec changes his mind to chase a new trend" is a consequence. It could have just as easily been Garfield.

Pulsarcat posted:

MJ spends the rest night sitting next to a pouting Peter trying to use a sock puppet and a silly voice to cheer him up.

Honestly, if you have a funny partner, that one is #relationshipGoals

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pulsarcat posted:

This storyline will end with MJ slipping through Jeremy's window with a knife in her teeth.

"Nothing personnel, kid."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Relationship sense tingling! :spidey:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Peter is incredible :lol: