Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Just had a mission where the drop pod landed in a spot we hadn't explored that happened to have a pickaxe overcharge sprinkler in it. Did the event with the extraction timer going down. Felt good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Serephina posted:

Speaking of warnings, I'm still of the opinion that Elite Enemies needs to be backported the vanilla missions, kinda like how you get surprise dreads every now and then. Elite are just so fun, they spice things up so very much without being overwhelming.

That’s how it started and everyone hated it so I can’t imagine they’ll go back

Personally I don’t care either way. Sometimes a stacked spawn table or surprise infinite spawns is probably worse than elite though.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

An elite or two is fine. Like a bulk spawn or something, 1-3 elites interspersed among the waves can be fine and memorable. Just having some each wave on non-elite-threat missions sucked.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

neogeo0823 posted:

An elite or two is fine. Like a bulk spawn or something, 1-3 elites interspersed among the waves can be fine and memorable. Just having some each wave on non-elite-threat missions sucked.

Wasn't that how it worked? Been a while since that update, but I seem to remember they only spawned a few times per mission. Mostly regular bug swarms, but then you'd get an elite guard grunt sneaking up and bumping you off a cliff to your death.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think that's how it worked, yeah. I think it was just like elite warning across all maps. Also the elites seem to spawn in pairs except the elite bulks, can't remember if that's how it was before.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Just finished a mining mission where meteorite fragments and two giant meteors dropped in the span of 20 minutes. Up until now I only saw one of those events per mission so I never knew that could happen. Ended up with 8 plaguehearts total.

Edit: Oh and there's a teaser for the next season.

Genthil fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 14, 2024

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Guess that's a drillevator inside a geode?

crazypenguin
Mar 9, 2005
nothing witty here, move along
On reddit they've found the numbers 13 / 6 / 24 hidden in there, which they're taking (reasonably?) as a probable release date announcement: June 13th.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

crazypenguin posted:

On reddit they've found the numbers 13 / 6 / 24 hidden in there, which they're taking (reasonably?) as a probable release date announcement: June 13th.

They did the exact same thing for this season, doesn't surprise me.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TIL it is possible to have a Korlok, Corruptor, and Turret Controller in the same room

e: along with 3 cave leeches and a dreadnought cocoon :unsmigghh:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

That’s what we call spicy

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I got a new wifi box. Bad news had poo poo like ping spikes from 100 to 800 but at least I can join a game and play to the end without crashes. The only other thing I can do at this point other than edit resolutions to extra potato tier is somehow get this Ethernet Connection to work properly.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

is there an edited version of that promo image somewhere that shows where the hidden numbers are? i've been staring at it for ages and can't see them.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It’s actually a sailboat

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Genthil posted:

Just finished a mining mission where meteorite fragments and two giant meteors dropped in the span of 20 minutes. Up until now I only saw one of those events per mission so I never knew that could happen. Ended up with 8 plaguehearts total.

Edit: Oh and there's a teaser for the next season.

You can get 2 meteors AND a fragment event. I've had it happen!

Tommy the Newt
Mar 25, 2017

The king of the sand castle
Notification in game today reminding people that if they haven't picked up cosmetics from older seasons, say if you have some season-related hats you haven't purchased in the shop or cosmetic cores you haven't spent, they will be moving these cosmetics back into the appropriate passes for season 5.

Not a huge deal, but if you don't fancy playing through the whole of season 1, for example, it might be worth grabbing the cosmetics for it while you still can through other means.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

I wish the matrix cores had indicators that they were former seasonal content like the stuff buyable in the shop have. Would make figuring out which cores I should use up easier.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think any of the weapon overclocks are tied to a season.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think any of the weapon overclocks are tied to a season.

presumably they're referring to cosmetic cores

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Which cosmetic cores do you have?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Jumping back in after about a six month break, and I am reminded immediately of why I love this game. It’s just so satisfying getting in the drop pod after surviving an onslaught, and nobody is raging or angry. Just rock and stone everywhere. I should buy a copy of this for a friend, to get them hooked and support the devs more.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Beat every level in Survivor and purchased every Upgrade and it's astounding just how much better the Sharpshooter Scout is compared to literally any other class, that poo poo is easy mode supreme.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
Guys.

They are adding capes.

https://youtu.be/q7pd0GRbNq0

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Foglet posted:

Guys.

They are adding capes.

https://youtu.be/q7pd0GRbNq0

Even Bosco gets a cape!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

for deeprockcracy

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Just had a Nemesis spawn during dust off. That was a first!

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Last night on a short-length mining mission we had a dread spawn in, then during that a large meteor, then during that a small meteor shower. The cave gen was also very heavy on mactera, and we where four engis just for fun. Very memorable, spent a lot of time in that tiny cave, surprised nitra never became an issue.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
It took awhile to get used to them and now the fire bolts are indispensable.

Still can't make taser bolts work aside from dumping 2 into a big guy for single target. The amount of preparation and prediction is a bit much even for the usual "do something clever, another class uses their biggest gun to annihilate the crowd instantly" woes.

Infinite swarmer killing, 1-2 bolt horde ignition and lighting a phero grenade pile on fire are all intoxicating.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Honestly the BosCape might be the reason I plunk down money for DLC. Well played, DRG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

big same, that's the entire reason i'm getting that DLC. bosco deserves it