Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Soonmot posted:

I am sucha sucker for vampires, so of course I loved Blood Hunt. I did not expect the twist at the end, but I knew something was up before that. The Moon Knight tie in was great too, making 8 Ball into an actual character instead of a joke is a fun ride. But the d tier working villain turning thier life around is another story arc I love.

I'm really curious where it's heading. So much of it was built up in Moon Knight that I have to imagine that the resolution is going to deal with that too. That's why I really hope it ends with Marc returning and kicking some vampire rear end, since besides Blade he's probably their worst nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

MonsterEnvy posted:

If it’s Brock he’s pretty devout and caring about things that don’t get on his bad side.

Yeah this is "protector of the innocent" Venom and I guess it's a logical and very early 90s step to say that Mother Nature is the biggest innocent of all.

I suspect that the real answer is that Duane saw Venom as a good mouthpiece for environmentalist views - there's one bit in I think the Lizard Sanction where Venom specifically takes issue with the Sellafield nuclear plant in England, which was weirdly specific enough that I assumed it was her personal beef.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess this direction makes sense for blade after a mini where he catastrophically fucks up again and again. he just said "gently caress it" and decided to unleash another apocalypse, but on purpose this time.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

quote:

As Captain America moved toward its three hundredth issue, Shooter started reworking dialogue at the last minute. The writer, J. M. DeMatteis, was in the midst of a yearlong story, building to a climax in which the Red Skull, Captain America’s archenemy of nearly half a century, was killed. An exhausted Captain America would hurl his shield into the East River, walk away, and try to find a meaningful life as Steve Rogers. “My idea,’ said DeMatteis, “was that Captain America’s gonna just say, “You know what? I’ve tried punching people and dropping buildings on their heads for forty years, and there has to be another way. He was ultimately going to become a global peace activist which was going to create all kinds of problems for him—the government would turn against him, all the Marvel heroes would turn against him, and the only allies to support him would be Doctor Doom and the Sub-Mariner. I had recast the Bucky of the 1950s as Nomad; he was basically going to freak out about all this and, in the end, assassinate Captain America.” Black Crow, a Native American character that DeMatteis had created, would now be the new Captain America.

I wonder if this would have actually worked if it had been allowed to go through? Did the comics ever attempt anything like this?

I remember when Cap died her were a slew of possible successors but that's different. Also that was some crazy poo poo. I went to comic stors back then like I noted earlier, and it was always pretty dead. But then Captain America died in some issue I was thinking about randomly getting. ONly it was all sold out and I'm hearing reports about it on the television news. In 2007 or 2008 or whatever. Just cool to think about. It shows the spark of life that animated comics in the 80s with people losing their mind about Jean Grey or Elektra dying is still around, even in this age when "comic book character deaths" are seen as a total joke.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

NikkolasKing posted:

Ther are so many more of these Marvel novelizations or original prose stories than I ever thought, and so many have been adapted into audiobooks. I'm getting sucked down a rabbit hole.

X-Men and Spider-Man: Time's Arrow: A Marvel Omnibus

X-Men Mutant Empire

Daredevil: Predator's Smile. I pickd this one up since I'm in a DD mood and figured why not. Apparently mostly about Bullseye.

Then there are novelizations of important comics stories:
Daredevil: Guardian Devil I've head ithe original story is not great but it is kinda important so I might just listen to this rather than read teh comic, I dunno.

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear

X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga.

Just curious if anyone here has read any of this and what they thought.

I read Spider-Man: The Darkest Hours, by the author of the Dresden Files, and that's a personal favourite of mine. It's actually a great time capsule of the JMS era right before the wheels started coming off with Sins Past. I'd definitely recommend it.