Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
post here every time you see something that shows that the rate of profit for a company has an inherent tendency to fall and the demands for constant growth cause them to find new way to increase profitability through increased exploitation of labor.

examples of how the capital class tries to avert this tendency include:
  • increased use of automation to replace variable capital (workers) with constant capital (automation)
  • more intense exploitation of workers via longer hours, more obsessive control over productivity and literally stopwatching tasks, or just 1099ing workers to get out of paying for benefits.
  • use of the threat of replacement with members of the permanent reserve army of labor.
  • wage cuts or freezes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

noticing it rn

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

and ye-owza is it a spicy meatball!!!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Capitalism is kinda like my dick

Every year it gets a little more disappointing

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Capitalism but every time the rate of profit falls it gets faster

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i love it when neolibs re-discover marxist theory and act like they're the first ones to ever do this:

https://twitter.com/noahpinion/status/1013680845167648769

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Companies don't often live long enough to see the rate of profit falling, just the rate of the rate of profit growth not getting faster as quickly as it used to is enough to cause panic and exploitation and stock market crashes.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Instant Sunrise posted:

post here every time you see something that shows that the rate of profit for a company has an inherent tendency to fall and the demands for constant growth cause them to find new way to increase profitability through increased exploitation of labor.

examples of how the capital class tries to avert this tendency include:
  • increased use of automation to replace variable capital (workers) with constant capital (automation)
  • more intense exploitation of workers via longer hours, more obsessive control over productivity and literally stopwatching tasks, or just 1099ing workers to get out of paying for benefits.
  • use of the threat of replacement with members of the permanent reserve army of labor.
  • wage cuts or freezes.

I'm living it op ask me about $400 insurance

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
actually don't because I never bought that poo poo and thankfully I don't get fined about it anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread