Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

timp posted:

(related to the above Mixed Bag discussion)
JAKE: I feel like, the more I play with great DMs like the three of you, the more...

ME: Aw poo poo yeah, he's gonna say he's finally feeling confident enough to DM!

JAKE: ...the bar is raised and I feel even less qualified to DM

ME: Goddamnit

I can't imagine how bad of a DM you would have to be to run a session for murph, emily, and caldwell, and have it turn out bad. do it jake, i'm sure you're reading a post on the SA forums behind spoiler tags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Man guests on one episode of 8bit book club and people already want him to DM a series. Slow your roll guys, we have to make sure he's actually a good fit for the pod

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Man guests on one episode of 8bit book club and people already want him to DM a series. Slow your roll guys, we have to make sure he's actually a good fit for the pod

Wait when did he guest? I heard they were talking about inviting a guest on at some point.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

youre not going to believe this, but jake plays hardwon surefoot, hank uhh quack, and calder kilday. we already know hes a good fit, if anything its strange that he hasnt been on more of the 8BBC mixed bags

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

scary ghost dog posted:

youre not going to believe this, but jake plays hardwon surefoot, hank uhh quack, and calder kilday. we already know hes a good fit, if anything its strange that he hasnt been on more of the 8BBC mixed bags

Yeah, especially since he's such a huge gamer!

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

scary ghost dog posted:

Wait, Jake, the lowly bailiff Jake?

Big if true.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

pseudosavior posted:

Wait, Jake, the lowly bailiff Jake?

Big if true.

yeah its the same guy. he was on jake & amir apparently too but ive never heard of that before so it might not be relevant

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
jake the snake

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah its the same guy. he was on jake & amir apparently too but ive never heard of that before so it might not be relevant

The guy who wants to outlaw school lunches?

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I love a Jake/caldwell led episode.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Awkward Davies posted:

I love a Jake/caldwell led episode.

Goddamn, they were working so hard to carry that episode of Dungeon Court (haven’t heard the Short Rest yet but I’ll listen tomorrow.) the guests were good but it felt like they weren’t comfortable diving headfirst into the conversation without knowing the normal podcast dynamic, and Caldwell and Jake were both just turned up to 11 to make sure the output was quality and I really appreciated their dedication to the craft.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

Goddamn, they were working so hard to carry that episode of Dungeon Court (haven’t heard the Short Rest yet but I’ll listen tomorrow.) the guests were good but it felt like they weren’t comfortable diving headfirst into the conversation without knowing the normal podcast dynamic, and Caldwell and Jake were both just turned up to 11 to make sure the output was quality and I really appreciated their dedication to the craft.

I mean Nathan Yaffe has been on before and is a self professed fan. Karina was quiet though.

Jake and Caldwell were working hard, but it was charming.

Caldwell, Nathan and Karina were all on a recent episode of gamechanger. I’m sure that they taped the episode a while ago but it probably had something to do with both of them guesting.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Awkward Davies posted:

I mean Nathan Yaffe has been on before and is a self professed fan. Karina was quiet though.

Jake and Caldwell were working hard, but it was charming.

Caldwell, Nathan and Karina were all on a recent episode of gamechanger. I’m sure that they taped the episode a while ago but it probably had something to do with both of them guesting.

karina wasn't on game changer, that was kiana mai

karina was kind of in the background of the dungeon court episode because she almost certainly knows nothing about d&d, but was just there for the goofs and yugioh and that's just fine imo

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

karina wasn't on game changer, that was kiana mai

karina was kind of in the background of the dungeon court episode because she almost certainly knows nothing about d&d, but was just there for the goofs and yugioh and that's just fine imo

Whoops! Got their voices mixed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Awkward Davies posted:

Whoops! Got their voices mixed up.

i also recently watched that gamechanger and made the same mistake at first