Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Big winners tonight?
This poll is closed.
Jones/Cyborg 28 36.84%
Jones/Nunes 18 23.68%
Gus/Cyborg 9 11.84%
Gus/Nunes 21 27.63%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

CarlCX posted:

She's never really been hurt like that, and I doubt she thought Nunes would do it.
Which is a pretty dumb stance to take against someone with a 14-second KO in her weight class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

I think Jones looked ordinary in the OSP fight because of the late notice fight combined with how loving weird OSP is, he was probably still juiced for it.

And he still popped within a couple of months of the fight.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

kensei posted:

Hey, I know he won and all, but still: gently caress Jon Jones

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
On a more pleasant topic, It was great to see Uriah Hall badly lose a fight then suddenly win with one shot again. That's one of the coolest things in the sport.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

sausage king of Chicago posted:

glory be to turinabol

Jones's corner is sending his towel to the vatican to be enshrined as the shroud of turinabol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

amanda nunes is cool

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

amanda nunes is cool

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/FightfulMMA/status/1079265925793230849

:toxx:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

amanda nunes is cool

:agreed:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Nunes victory lap owned

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Better get that dumb tucker on suicide watch, then.

Jones is gonna piss so hot it'll glow.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Zwachro posted:

Which is a pretty dumb stance to take against someone with a 14-second KO in her weight class.

Absolutely. Like, I don't think Cyborg was exposed as a fighter, but I do think her lack of gameplanning was extremely evident. She's been fighting all of her fights the same way for thirteen years, she and her coaches should've known fighting Nunes the same way she fights everyone else wasn't the best idea, but the very first thing she did was turn Nunes into the fence and bullrush her like she always does, and that was a very, very bad idea.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God bless Nunes :)

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
It was surprising in the staredown to see Cyborg opposite someone the same size and build as her. I think that's a first.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
i made this (sorry it's a lil choppy)

https://streamable.com/eg1q5

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

You're doing god's work, son.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

LobsterMobster posted:

Ha that times up well

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LobsterMobster posted:

It’s so beautiful

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://twitter.com/edrieger/status/1079282852808794112

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I do not understand that joke. Something about pillowfisted?

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Liquid Communism posted:

Better get that dumb tucker on suicide watch, then.

Jones is gonna piss so hot it'll glow.

its only the CSAC testing though, which I'm pretty sure is them just asking the vial of piss if it fails the test and if it doesn't answer you pass.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I do not understand that joke. Something about pillowfisted?

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1079291365245231104

(that's ronda on the right, post holm destruction)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, that's actually pretty funny.

I'm honestly surprised quite a lot by how Cyborg is beginning to grow on me after today. Good sportsmanship, humble in defeat, funny post-defeat. It truly is 2018.

Wait, gently caress Jon Jones, everything is as it was

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Before this thread gets closed: gently caress Jon Jones.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Okay, that's actually pretty funny.

I'm honestly surprised quite a lot by how Cyborg is beginning to grow on me after today. Good sportsmanship, humble in defeat, funny post-defeat. It truly is 2018.

Wait, gently caress Jon Jones, everything is as it was

cyborg is also a massive cheater

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Foul Fowl posted:

cyborg is also a massive cheater

she walks around as a massive cheater, when she cuts down she's only a huge cheater

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
in fact she's like the very personification of why PEDs are bad in combat sports, because she spent almost her whole career giving concussions to undersized fighters with her massive weight and strength advantage. at least jones fought world class fighters in his own weight class.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jon Jones has fought precisely one world class fighter. DC.
He's fought one very good fighter. Gus

Everyone else is garbage or well well well past their prime by the time he fought them. He can only fight who is infront of him though.

LHW sucks.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Everyone else is garbage or well well well past their prime by the time he fought them. He can only fight who is infront of him though.

LHW sucks.

i get that you don't like jones but this is kinda silly.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

That was a really fun card. The only time I've been as happy to see someone win as I was when Amanda Nunes won was Michael Bisping beating Luke Rockhold. Zingano getting a toe to the eye looked nasty.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Foul Fowl posted:

i get that you don't like jones but this is kinda silly.

It's not a knock on Jones, but it's absolutely true that everyone he's fought at LHW would be bad in any other division (besides HW which is also trash) with the skillset they have besides DC and Gus. It might be a bit harsh on Shogun who maybe wasn't past it at that point, but Vitor and Machida were past it when they came across Jones.

Jones is just way too good for anyone else in the division and even DC isn't that close to him.

He's a prick though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 30, 2018

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jones is incredibly good. I'm sure it has nothing to do with doing so much steroiding that he has popped 3 times now. I mean can you imagine how many chems you gotta take in a professional camp in order to gently caress up testing 3 times haha

nah man i bet its all talent

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

It's not a knock on Jones, but it's absolutely true that everyone he's fought at LHW would be bad in any other division (besides HW which is also trash) with the skillset they have besides DC and Gus. It might be a bit harsh on Shogun who maybe wasn't past it at that point, but Vitor and Machida were past it when they came across Jones.

Jones is just way too good for anyone else in the division and even DC isn't that close to him.

He's a prick though.

machida had only lost to shogun at that point. and then he "lost" to rampage and davis before dropping to middleweight, beating up a world class guy, and fought the champion in a close fight. vitor was still in TRT mode, had only lost to anderson since PRIDE closed, and went on to have some of his greatest knockouts. rampage was the only guy jones fought who was past it.

you can go through anyone's record with a fine comb like this. but i love that jones being too good for anyone else in the division is a knock against his legacy. he's unequivocally the greatest lhw but he only beat two good fighters? lol

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Zzulu posted:

Jones is incredibly good. I'm sure it has nothing to do with doing so much steroiding that he has popped 3 times now. I mean can you imagine how many chems you gotta take in a professional camp in order to gently caress up testing 3 times haha

nah man i bet its all talent

i mean the steroids are a separate issue. it's a huge knock on his career. but not on his opponents.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Shadow225 posted:

Also dude was zoned out and slurring his words in the post fight interview. He was absolutely on something else tonight.

This take is hilarious.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

LHW sucks.

LHW was stacked until Jones came along and made them all look like weak stupid babies.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I know that its terrible for selling fights but the childlike joy Nunes has had since winning really makes me smile. Especially since Cyborg took losing like a champ.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

rapeface posted:

Before this thread gets closed: gently caress Jon Jones.

:same:

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Jon jones not guilty greatest of all times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

The Dave posted:

This take is hilarious.

Le Saboteur posted:

Jon Jones was on one tonight in the post fight interviews. https://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1079291602793709569?s=19