Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
My main takeaway about the emotional spectrum stuff from the heyday of the 2000s was that Peter Tomasi kept doing the coolest poo poo with the concept, just nonstop bangers after bangers, and then I would look over at what Johns was doing in the main GL book and it was never anything particularly exciting.

I will hand it to Johns for making rage kitty, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

One thing I hated in that era was I'd get attached to a Lantern and then they'd be killed off, often without ceremony. Some fun stuff, though. I still fondly recall Mongul's brawl with Arkillo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*bryan alvarez voice*

Ar-KILL-O?!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alaois posted:

*bryan alvarez voice*

Ar-KILL-O?!
I'm now thinking about Meltzer and Alvarez reviewing comics

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Calax posted:

Can John Stewart get paralyzed again?

Maybe bring Grayven back and have him do it?

Also, I wonder what happened to the guy Kyle just... gave green legs to back in the 90's. (GL Volume 3 #72 when he went to Fawcett City... before the Marvels moved to Philly).

His name was purgatory. He was going up some steps when he cut his hands, that caused the GL created legs Kyle made for him to vanish since he lost his concetration on keeping them. Neron was going around making deals at the time and offered him his legs and power in exchange for killing Kyle. He failed twice so Neron made him a minion in hell. Happy ending!

I always regretted what happened to Alexander Nero. Guy was crazy and given a yellow power ring, he was like Kyle an artist, only he drew....disturbing things. It made him a good opposite to Kyle. A real enemy. He kinda lacked some real threats. He even went to the JLA to ask for help to take him down and asked if any of them realized his ring could crack atoms and if he could do that, Nero could do that. Nero gets defeated, and imprsioned, Hal returns and Nero during a very lovely Ion Mini is made into a Kyle impersonator and is ultimately killed by the Alpha lanterns after. The whole thing was a train wreck. The mini was horrible and it felt like it did a correction mid way through due to having little to no direction. That and fan feedback was extremely negative.

It was also another lovely costume replacement for Kyle, the one with the black face mask. The one you see as a joke in that Supergirl gif meme from years ago.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I mean, Nero was built originally to be Kyle's Sinestro. With the Weponeers of Qward making the ring because they wanted to honor Sinestro, even in his failure.

IIRC he popped up during the first Ion story as a competitor for the powers of Ion.

For him to come back would probably require the writers to actually make Kyle important again, instead of the 5th string he's currently idle on.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Endless Mike posted:

I'm now thinking about Meltzer and Alvarez reviewing comics

I would pay good drat money for this.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Vandar posted:

I would pay good drat money for this.

Hal Jordan: Am I going over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Calax posted:

I mean, Nero was built originally to be Kyle's Sinestro. With the Weponeers of Qward making the ring because they wanted to honor Sinestro, even in his failure.

IIRC he popped up during the first Ion story as a competitor for the powers of Ion.

For him to come back would probably require the writers to actually make Kyle important again, instead of the 5th string he's currently idle on.

You don't like Kyle crying in the corner in the latest GL book?