Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

blue footed boobie posted:

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/dnwvwk

The second angle they show in this clip is the best view of the uppercut I’ve seen and it didn’t look like there was much in it.

He caught him with a short uppercut as he was turning into it and he hits like a truck. I don't think this is that hard to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

He caught him with a short uppercut as he was turning into it and he hits like a truck. I don't think this is that hard to understand.

You are being shown video evidence that the uppercut whiffed and Cain is actively pushing in to Ngannou as his body suddenly starts descending to the floor and he screams in pain, have you seen people scream when they get knocked out?

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Whiffed? You can see his head get banged to the side.

Edit - Cain even said he got caught too close early on when Ngannou is most dangerous. He got hit hard. I'm not saying he was knocked out cold.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

What's funny is that Dom called out all the punches that whiffed as hits and then miscalled the actual punch that put him down

e: I think Cain got hit hard and going limp hosed up his knee hence the scream

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

Brut posted:

You are being shown video evidence that the uppercut whiffed and Cain is actively pushing in to Ngannou as his body suddenly starts descending to the floor and he screams in pain, have you seen people scream when they get knocked out?

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that in real time but all the slow motion replays look like "owww my knee!" a lot more than a departure of consciousness.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

He gets dropped by the punch, that's why his legs go all weird in the first place. He doesn't get knocked out cold but his chin snaps from it, it definitely landed

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

In conclusion, Cain Velasquez is a land of contrasts.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
[

Brut posted:

So it’s actually after the uppercut you’re talking about, when Cain’s head is up against Ngannou’s body

https://streamable.com/fav4v

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

[

So it’s actually after the uppercut you’re talking about, when Cain’s head is up against Ngannou’s body

Oh. That's a much better angle.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Brut posted:

lol

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Stealth Tiger posted:

He gets dropped by the punch, that's why his legs go all weird in the first place. He doesn't get knocked out cold but his chin snaps from it, it definitely landed

Then he gets knocked out cold, thus a KO.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
that was disappointing. lots of disappointing ufc cards lately

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

i think we can give both ngannou and cain's body credit for annihilating him

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
*16 secs*
gently caress my knee pay me ow

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

meatloafkitten posted:

Absolutely. He's better at commentary and better at coming back from injuries.

lol word

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

I was thinking of the looping punch that Cain ducked under as completely missing, followed by the short punch not reaching. From the other side it looked like Cain's head goes right voluntarily, but your clip makes me doubt that, there should be higher frame rate stuff available tomorrow, and I need sleep anyway.

Brut fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 18, 2019

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i like when dom said "he needs to throw the lead uppercut" and vick immediately threw a lead uppercut and got smashed by a straight right counter

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://twitter.com/streetfitebanch/status/1097361865968140288

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Yeah you don't see the punch at all from that(motel6 in view on left) angle, but his head definitely bounces leading to trying to support his leg with the side of his foot to the floor. I will accept both this video and the fact that Cain is currently at the post-fight presser saying "It was just the knee, he didn't even hit me at all" as evidence that Cain got rocked while still on his feet and thus I was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Skip My Posts posted:

someone posted some timelapse of cain squatting and hopping up before all his fights and you could see his knees slowly being destroyed

https://gfycat.com/anothermerryindianglassfish