Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Cyber Dog posted:

https://twitter.com/HeidiFang/status/1147731246174261249?s=19

one judge gave santos the 4th, but not the 2nd or 5th. one judge gave jon the 2nd but not the 5th. lol

The only clear rounds were 1 and 3, honestly none of these scorecards are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Andy Dufresne posted:

The only clear rounds were 1 and 3, honestly none of these scorecards are bad

i personally thought 2 was clearly santos but im probably wrong, everything he did right stood out because it was such a surprise to me. like u say, it was super close

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Seeing people I don't know on twitter quoting Dana White as saying Askren is ok.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Luke Rockhold has a broken jaw according to the press-conf - Dana wants him to retire

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

old.flv posted:

Luke Rockhold has a broken jaw according to the press-conf - Dana wants him to retire

He wants Holly to retire and Diego to go on for ever

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

blue footed boobie posted:

Jones has to be carried out of the ring, so his leg is hosed, too.

he's faking that for sure

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1147749855772545025

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1147707440529412096

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Masvidal says he still doesn't like Ben and will slap him up at a Whole Foods

Someone asked Jorge (in Spanish) what's next, and Jorge said "The title. And hamburgers"

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Jon having that kind of performance against Thiago Santos to trick DC into coming back to light heavyweight

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I'd have to watch it again, but I remember thinking DC was winning the rematch until he ran face first into a shin, but he did sooo

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

lol "He brought planking back"

What did Askren do that pissed off Masvidal so much anyways? Just regular fight hype?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Grem posted:

lol "He brought planking back"

What did Askren do that pissed off Masvidal so much anyways? Just regular fight hype?

According to Jorge, they had a little bit of sparring back in 08, and Ben says he dominated, which Jorge disagrees with, and is upset that he broke gym code of "don't talk poo poo about what happens in sparring"

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Also Idk if Robbie is still with ATT but could be pissed at Askren for acting indignant after that match given the controversy that didn't land in his teammates favor

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
jon at the press conference is just....I just....I...

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
masvidal wrecked him that ruled

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
The feed at my pub cut out for exactly the 6 seconds of the fight. I would be more mad if it it didn't rule so much.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Ordered the pay per view, didn't watch it live and the 11am repeat showing has been a test card for the last 17mins. Already had two results spoiled looking for a solution. Great work BT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shadow225 posted:

I'd have to watch it again, but I remember thinking DC was winning the rematch until he ran face first into a shin, but he did sooo

I'm a big DC fan and really dislike Jones, but Jones was absolutely in charge that whole match. DC did way better than the first fight but he also felt gunshy and Jones never seemed remotely fazed by him at all.

I mean, it turns out part of his confidence came from being a gigantic cheating piece of poo poo, but he still looked like he was going to win the match to me even if he hadn't KOed Cormier.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Digital Jedi posted:

So postivive of Jones not losing is Johnny Walker now has a chance to beat him.

And I think Santos showed a good game plan and method how to go about doing that.

Also the scorecard for this is sort of all over the place
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/10243/Jon-Jones-vs-Thiago-Santos

Just finished catching up on fights and thread and can I just say that 50-45 for Jones is unconscionable and that whoever scored that at MMA Junkie is a loving dumb oval office. 48-47 either way is fine, but it was a garbage fight compared to basically the entire rest of the card.

I would honestly prefer to watch the Markos/Gadelha fight again.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I don't think Cormier was gunshy in the second fight with Jones at all.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Memento posted:

I would honestly prefer to watch the Markos/Gadelha fight again.

let's not be silly

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Dan Didio posted:

Three minute of Robbie Lawler frantically trying to open a jar only for Jorge Masvidal to sprint in and knee it out of his hand.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Santos won that fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

He at least looked like he was the side trying to actually win that fight