Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

FirstnameLastname posted:

mission accomplished. well done agent 747

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://thegrayzone.com/2024/05/02/columbia-crackdown-university-nypd/

there's that phrase again, "human terrain"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I'll bet $20 she's a mossad officer

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

it has just occurred to me the strangeness of viewing the Israelis as being from some sort of higher, more experienced level of population management because as we have seen across the decades it hasn't been working out for them

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Does anyone listen to Otherworld? Paranormal stuff aside, there's a wild episode that just came out about the Chicken Whackers, which at a minimum sounds like a gang based in Grand Junction, Colorado (and the surrounding Western Slope) involved in drug and human trafficking, murder for sport, and snuff video with the consent/participation of the police. There's very little documentation out there about them, but apparently they're a well known local legend in Grand Junction. He interviewed enough people independently that it's clearly not just made up by the homeless guy who was the source for the original episode.

Interested if anybody from Colorado has heard of the Chicken Whackers.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Otherworld has some great episodes as well as some absolute dogshit. Haven't listened to the Chicken Whackers episodes yet but I saw some tiktoks about it and there were tons of comments of locals saying yeah they are a real thing.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
I thought the bigfoot two parter was really interesting (ep 33 and 34). The main guy's friend mentions on part 2 that what seemed like a military regiment walked through where they were hanging out following the weird semi paranormal poo poo they witnessed. And the soldiers didn't seem to notice them??

I mostly stopped listening once the show got sponsors cause it was annoying having stories about ghosts be punctuated by betterhelp.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1786406358021280248

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

whomst among us

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
~perusing blockbuster's new releases circa 1999~

"Whoa, almost 3 hours of run time? That's at least two handies!"

.. 80s kids (and anyone other than Kevin Spacey) know: Saving Private Ryan is not a date movie.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

~perusing blockbuster's new releases circa 1999~

"Whoa, almost 3 hours of run time? That's at least two handies!"

.. 80s kids (and anyone other than Kevin Spacey) know: Saving Private Ryan is not a date movie.

but is it a 'bate movie?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

bedpan posted:

but is it a 'bate movie?

Well Matt Damon does tell a story about wholesome farm sex in a barn with a well-endowed sexual partner in the halcyon days before the American peasantry realized it had sold out its own agrarian roots for a utopian future that industrialization and capitalism would inevitably fail to deliver..

~touches hand to chin, thoughtfully~

But no. No I don't think it is.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
more like Savoring Ryan's Privates!

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

bedpan posted:

but is it a 'bate movie?

:bisonyes:

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Laterite posted:

jesus. thank you.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Laterite posted:

yup

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Laterite posted:

more like Savoring Kevin's Privates!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

started delillo's libra. no idea how accurate it is but it's good stuff

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

dr phil

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/corpseinorbit/status/1786394202101764138

ngl it makes perfect sense for the cia to be involved in the ownership of fancy restaurants that serve pufferfish and blowfish because they generate sustainable byproducts that can be used in poisoning reds and other miscreants daring to fight the end of history

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

reminded of how the moonies had a massive share of the sushi market in the us due to an illegal fishing scheme they were running

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

reminded of how the moonies had a massive share of the sushi market in the us due to an illegal fishing scheme they were running

ordering bluefin tuna and getting trout, at bluefin tuna prices

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Kendrick Lamar go on Ghost Stories for the End of the World

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

once you start peeling back the moonie onion it's really incredible how they pop up absolutely everywhere

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

ptc has the better parapolitical rap chops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

the video artwork for this is so fuckin funny good god.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6eK-2OQtew