Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Anyone got any thoughts on The Extra's Academy Survival Guide? It fits pretty solidly into the "wake up in a villain/villainess body and try fix poo poo" isekai subgenre, but dude wakes up in a VERY minor side villain that already got his rear end kicked/kicked out of the dorms right at the beginning of the hero's scenario. Now he's living in the woods, trying to build a hut and fish while still going to classes every day, and is just trying to keep the hero's story on the rails while keeping his head down. Artwork is really clean, great use of colors, I think AuraScans' translation and typesetting is pretty decent, and the story has remained interesting for 23 or so chapters so far. Mangadex has it listed, but what used to be a bunch of sequential chapters got nuked I think, so now I'm reading it on AuraScans' site itself, which seems to be fine with uBlock Origin or similar adblockers, and was mostly fine even without an adblocker on my iPad.

Mangadex (like I said, something must have gotten nuked recently from a translator slapfight or something so it's only like the past 6 chapters)

AuraScans (if it's not ok to post translator's sites I'll delete this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I enjoyed the Survival Guide webnovel a lot, unfortunately it's stuck on Yonder so uh, good luck reading it.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I enjoyed the Survival Guide webnovel a lot, unfortunately it's stuck on Yonder so uh, good luck reading it.

Story is pretty dang good so far, and like I said I love the art. Can you tell me approximately where the webtoon is in comparison to the WN? The comic is currently at the end of the first summer break, right after the Ophilis Hall dorm fire plot masterminded by Lortelle and right as Janica helps Ed to contract Mug as a spirit.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The Ophelis Hall arc ends around chapter 40, so if summer break is over, I'd say about 45

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Another chapter of Speedrunner Isekai

Would be a good end to this if the slime decides to leave the demon army to pursue a career in speedrunning. But the fact that they have eaten countless people probably means giving them such an ability would lead to everyone in the world being in danger.