Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Well drat he just called him a pedophile straight up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
These diss tracks just baffle me, I don't get the appeal. Enjoy your gossip I guess :shrug:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Telluric Whistler posted:

Well drat he just called him a pedophile straight up lol

so presumably if Drake sues him for defamation he actually has evidence right? I mean, beyond the obvious that everyone can see

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

starkebn posted:

These diss tracks just baffle me, I don't get the appeal. Enjoy your gossip I guess :shrug:

it's like wrestling

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Spergin Morlock posted:

so presumably if Drake sues him for defamation he actually has evidence right? I mean, beyond the obvious that everyone can see

https://twitter.com/Drake/status/46737434129600512

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

starkebn posted:

Gossip owns, fool

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Jesus Christ his thumbnail is a satellite photo of Drakes house with Sex Offender Registry pins

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Jesus Christ his thumbnail is a satellite photo of Drakes house with Sex Offender Registry pins

it's amazing

https://twitter.com/ArtOfDialogue_/status/1786920535277924861

BBL Drizzy

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmao

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Every now and then I'll see a clip on Instagram making fun of zoomers constantly licking their lips, but it's much funnier when it's a 48 year old man doing it unironically.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

jfc

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Spergin Morlock posted:

I would lose all respect for Kendrick if he has evidence that Drake abuses children and just put it in his pocket in case of beef. like unless he also has proof that he was only made aware of it within the past 24 hours, it's an extremely hosed up thing to sit on.

also I'd love to see how far a slander trial based on a diss track goes

e: like I'll give him a tentative pass if he got the info Friday afternoon cause it's reasonable to think the FBI probably wouldn't move on it until Monday anyway. but beyond that, sheesh.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Katts live special Woke Folk is ... Fine...

I feel so old. 1030 Saturday night was too far a stretch for me and wife.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

indigi posted:

I would lose all respect for Kendrick if he has evidence that Drake abuses children and just put it in his pocket in case of beef. like unless he also has proof that he was only made aware of it within the past 24 hours, it's an extremely hosed up thing to sit on.

also I'd love to see how far a slander trial based on a diss track goes

e: like I'll give him a tentative pass if he got the info Friday afternoon cause it's reasonable to think the FBI probably wouldn't move on it until Monday anyway. but beyond that, sheesh.
i mean, there's a difference between evidence that the FBI will act on, and evidence that's reasonably compelling enough that Kendrick will convince enough of the public to get eyes on drake properly. like, drake is a big enough celebrity that you might need to severely undermine his public image for accusers to feel like coming forward actually has a chance of taking him down. R Kelly only got taken down after a documentary made him get dropped by his label, and law enforcement felt compelled to investigate him again.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
for sure but I was responding specifically to the idea that Kendrick has enough evidence to beat a slander case (assuming a commonsense standard for "slander;" given Elon walked on a more flagrant and direct statement in a US court, I don't expect a case about a diss track to really go anywhere)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The bar for slander rests entirely on how expensive your lawyers are

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

indigi posted:

for sure but I was responding specifically to the idea that Kendrick has enough evidence to beat a slander case (assuming a commonsense standard for "slander;" given Elon walked on a more flagrant and direct statement in a US court, I don't expect a case about a diss track to really go anywhere)
Since Drake is a public figure, the burden of proof is on him to show that Kendrick knowingly made a false statement, or had shown a reckless disregard for the truth so egregious that he should have known his statements were false. The level of evidence required for Kendrick to beat a defamation case is absurdly lower than the level required for Drake to get into legal trouble.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Going to court to say that you aren't a pedophile is probably worse for your reputation than not addressing it at all.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
drake busting into the bar: "we gotta write a song about how I don't diddle kids!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YmDcCpD1gc

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

lmfao

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Rich people are allowed to be pedophiles

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The song used is very C-SPAM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp2O541bY00

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Not Like Us is a fuckin bop. It's a club banger!

Edit: I'm finding it in AMVs already!
https://twitter.com/Salt5006/status/1786935876007723158

KirbyKhan has issued a correction as of 08:06 on May 5, 2024

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Mr Hootington posted:

Kendrick shpuld call drake a pedophile

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

watch godzilla minus one last night. hate to be among the naysayers since i was looking forward to finally seeing it and i love godzilla films but i did not care for it. people told me that it was an anti-fascist anti-war film but it's view on imperial japanese soldiers and the war is much more akin to things like rambo 2, where the blame is put on the weak politicians for failing are brave boys and not letting them win.