Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Looking back, Denji really should have taken Nayuta up on her suggestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

graham cracker posted:

There's something odd about the embodiment of famine gorging themselves on food. I wonder if it relates to her powers? Maybe using them makes her hungry?

I assume always hungry by their nature.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

graham cracker posted:

There's something odd about the embodiment of famine gorging themselves on food. I wonder if it relates to her powers? Maybe using them makes her hungry?

well i mean. yeah. duh

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

why death devil kill people wwhy

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Denji's life just keeps getting worse. Next chapter he's probably gonna stub his little toe 7 times in a row

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Ki: Denji needs to go to the bathroom.
Shō: Denji gets up to use the bathroom.
Ten: He's barefoot, and the floor is covered with Legos.
Ketsu: "Is this really the life I wanted, Pochita?"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Snooze Cruise posted:

I wouldn't feel safe either

a truer line has never been uttered in this manga

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Katana man's revenge? Nice. Yoru knowing the competitive rules already? Perfect.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Hassansa_wren/status/1782787746831982679

Dude has been hitting the gym everyday since the tournament just for this moment.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I mean the preventable injuries you get from CrossFit are nothing in comparison to a ball kicking tournament

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If anyone on the cast would actually do steroids it probably is the yakuza nepo-baby

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Electric Phantasm posted:

https://twitter.com/Hassansa_wren/status/1782787746831982679

Dude has been hitting the gym everyday since the tournament just for this moment.

He has a Denji shaped training dummy and he's been kicking it in the nuts every day for over a year. He did no other training, but his kicks were so strong and so true that he got RIPPED.

Additionally, has anyone else noticed that the tank top and shorts outfit Denji is wearing now as he gets abused by the Yakuza is almost identical to the tank top and shorts outfit he wore back when he was a child getting abused by the Yakuza?

Denji's suffering never ends, it just repeats over and over again.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

He has a Denji shaped training dummy and he's been kicking it in the nuts every day for over a year. He did no other training, but his kicks were so strong and so true that he got RIPPED.

Additionally, has anyone else noticed that the tank top and shorts outfit Denji is wearing now as he gets abused by the Yakuza is almost identical to the tank top and shorts outfit he wore back when he was a child getting abused by the Yakuza?

I don't think denji knows other clothes exist

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Look again

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

It's not a loop. It's a spiral. Little by little he gets further even when he seems to be at the same point. And right now it's looking like he's going to spread that suffering around. I mean, his last panel looking at Yoru isn't just pain. He's pissed. Right after Quanxi warned that pissing him off is the absolute dumbest thing you can do.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Being Denji is suffering

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

chiasaur11 posted:

It's not a loop. It's a spiral. Little by little he gets further even when he seems to be at the same point. And right now it's looking like he's going to spread that suffering around. I mean, his last panel looking at Yoru isn't just pain. He's pissed. Right after Quanxi warned that pissing him off is the absolute dumbest thing you can do.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

is denji even capable of parsing a reference to "your friend" as a reference to yoshida or do you think he's wracking his brain about it and is like "kishibe...?"

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i agree-- first thing he notices is asa's missing arm, it's not going to take long for him to remember nayuta

maybe whatever asa wants to tell him before the fight defuses that, but i don't think next chapter is gonna be "that was wild, i guess i'm hungry" chill denji

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

He is going to just absolutely destroy katana guy's balls.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Valentin posted:

is denji even capable of parsing a reference to "your friend" as a reference to yoshida or do you think he's wracking his brain about it and is like "kishibe...?"

Denji's got more emotional intelligence than people generally give him credit for. He figured out Reze's real motives, got the drop on Makima by working through her probable response to him, and he noticed how his feelings on Himeno's death didn't match what would be expected of someone in his position.

He probably could put together that, since people see him hanging out with Yoshida a lot, it'd be easy to assume they were friends, especially since Yoshida talked about wanting to be friends, no matter how Denji felt about it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he could figure out a lot of things if he hadn't just woken up from an extended near death coma, followed by having his balls stomped on repeatedly.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

yeah it's less whether he can get there eventually and more the immediacy of the moment for what I'm curious about. idt he gets there before the kick.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kwyndig posted:

He is going to just absolutely destroy katana guy's balls.

It'll cut to after the fight and no one can remember katana guy ever had balls.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1783999740704956775

Getting hyped to become a sobbing mess