Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dog Kisser posted:

This is not nearly enough context for this!
There's only 4 chapters currently scanlated, might as well hop in and check it out. It's getting licensed and the first volume will hit store shelves in English in november, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I wish it was less slow. Goddamn is it slow

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, I genuinely thought it was by the Gantz manga author. The art style and the use of digital drawings is almost identical.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

There's only 4 chapters currently scanlated, might as well hop in and check it out. It's getting licensed and the first volume will hit store shelves in English in november, as well.

The current scanlation for whatever reason doesn't translate the Japanese subtitles for the aliens when they're speaking, which seemed like an odd choice. Fingers crossed for the official release

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020

Zodack posted:

The current scanlation for whatever reason doesn't translate the Japanese subtitles for the aliens when they're speaking, which seemed like an odd choice. Fingers crossed for the official release

The alien speech bubbles are in English in a weird font

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Sumigahara Haseo posted:

The alien speech bubbles are in English in a weird font

Huh, seriously? They're incomprehensible to me for the most part (I can see now a few of them are words), and not all of the Japanese subtitle are accompanied by speech bubbles. The first several pages of the most recent chapter are either PA chatter or radio chatter that is purely in Japanese subtitle.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
god I loving love DANDADAN so loving much

from the latest chapter
army of delinquents versus army of knights

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
delinquents don't care about your weapon triangle

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Glazius posted:

delinquents don't care about your weapon triangle

I think that the joke is that, despite punching and kicking, they were actually mages and had the class advantage (which is why there was fire around their punches/kicks).

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
There’s 3 guys top right who are just firing lightning from afar, so at least some of them are just pure mages. “Oh no, delinquent mages” is a fantastic line anyway and it’s a great panel.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
watamote

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The Witch and the Beast

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Everyone can crumble into dust courtesy of Houkago Kitaku Biyori.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Mikadono Sanshimai wa Angai, Choroi.

:catdrugs:

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Manga sound effects are undefeated

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
zatch bell 2

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

The Witch and the Beast

I really like this art. It's like Berserk style hatching but with a lot more economy of line.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Ccs posted:

I really like this art. It's like Berserk style hatching but with a lot more economy of line.

The manga's awesome. The friend who introduced me to the series actually said the anime was solid so I'll have to look into it.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ccs posted:

Yeah there’s a lot of Berserk dna in the art at times, to the point where I wonder if the mangaka worked as Miura’s assistant at some point

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

Bakune Young is a real trip.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Do Twitter posts count?

https://twitter.com/medalist_AFT/status/1780189203084853317?t=LEXT2RGpYnEq5O_gFgc9hQ&s=19

Happy Birthday Inori!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kore Kaite Shine 7

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Karate Survivor In Another World

Genuinely shocked at how good this turned out to be. Guy gets isekai'd, thrown in as he was in our world, no powers besides karate. Survives in the wilderness for a long time, weaving clothes out of plants and hunting goblins to survive before stumbling upon other humans. Exceedingly brutal and unflinching, and the art and especially action is quite good too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Elden Ring OFFICIAL MANGA is usually a comedy book with filtered game art to make up the bulk of the pages. Its fine, works for what it is.

But once in awhile the authors really show off their chops.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Oh shoot, that art looks like the guy who draws the cursed sword and the dragon quest webcomic. That should be pretty funny and good

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

The creator of the Elden Ring manga is insanely talented but usually wants to stick to throwing a barrage of gags at you with no breathing room where maybe one of out five gags actually lands. The Radahn fight is incredible looking though

He did Monster x Monster too which was basically the same issue. Have not read Cursed Sword so not sure how that one is

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cursed Sword is really funny. Unfortunately the elden ring comic missed the mark for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Source