Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Post your :toxx: for the upcoming WWE event Royal Rumble 2020 in this thread!

I'll start off by saying if Anyone other than Roman Reigns wins the Men's Rumble match, I will eat a month probation.

Go!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If Brock Lesnar wins the Men's Royal Rumble I will watch and write up extended reviews of every single movie in the Marine franchise to date. :toxx:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

if someone wins the royal rumble, i won't watch wwe :toxx:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I want to be clear about this toxx because last year it wasn't clear:

I will :toxx: that my "Number Team" will win the rumble, but this is a multi part deal

1) If both people win I will have to do nothing.
2) If one wins then I will write out a promo detailing why Lord of Hats sucks
3) If neither wins, I will write out the promo, then I will record myself actually saying it, upload it to youtube and then share it here.

Why LordofHats? I played Mafia and Awful Big Brother and we both talk about wrestling so I'm assuming he posts here as well, if he doesn't then I can pick someone else.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

If Ronda Rousey is a surprise entrant in the Women's Rumble, I will donate $25 to Transform Cincy, a local non-profit that provides free clothing and wardrobe styling for transgender and gender non-conforming youth.

If Ronda Rousey wins the Women's Rumble, I will up the donation to $50. :toxx:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if my roulette number wins either of the royal rumble matches i'll never say "I'm going to watch the Royal Rumble." on here again :toxx:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i am making the same toxx i make every year. if either of my numbers win i will become the new moderator, otherwise i will change my name to the name of the person who through out my number, either from the final match or whichever name is funnier.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
if drew mcintyre the poster wins, i will be drew mcintyre the poster's friend

if drew mcintyre the person wins, i will be drew mcintyre the person's friend, and not drew mcintyre the poster's

you gotta tell me if either of these happen though, because i won't know about it

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I plan on watching the card this weekend and want to make a donation to an LGBTQIA+ charity based on the match outcome, using a sliding scale as follows:

If winner is between:

-Entry 1-5: $10x entry number (i.e. if winner is #3, $30 donation)
-Entry 6-10: $5x entry number
-Entry 11-15: $3x entry number
-Entry 16-30: $2x entry number

Thoughts on charity are welcome!

:toxx:

Edit: Haven't gotten any responses thus far, so right now the charity of choice is the National Center for Transgender Equality. If any posters have thoughts about potentially better avenues for donation, again, thoughts are welcome.

illcendiary fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 24, 2020

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Quick bump as the Rumble is this Sunday, get your toxxes in people!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eh gently caress it.

Drew McIntyre will win the Royal Rumble. If he doesn't, I will donate some money to a charity of the choice of the team that eliminated him. :toxx:
I will write a glowing tribute to whoever eliminates my guy in the roulette. :toxx:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

:toxx: If Roman wins the Royal Rumble I will make this my avatar

e:

Jerusalem posted:

Nutted but Vince keeps booking.

With this as the text

Actually, I forgot about the roulette so lets add: if Roman comes out at #24 I will make it my avatar.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 27, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

If Brock Lesnar wins the Men's Royal Rumble I will watch and write up extended reviews of every single movie in the Marine franchise to date. :toxx:

Oh thank God.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJeff posted:

Drew McIntyre will win the Royal Rumble. If he doesn't, I will donate some money to a charity of the choice of the team that eliminated him. :toxx:

Count it.

MJeff posted:

I will write a glowing tribute to whoever eliminates my guy in the roulette. :toxx:

Bianca Belair and.......

Brock Lesnar. :geno:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ROYAL RUMBLE TOXXES:

Dell_Zincht posted:

Post your :toxx: for the upcoming WWE event Royal Rumble 2020 in this thread!

I'll start off by saying if Anyone other than Roman Reigns wins the Men's Rumble match, I will eat a month probation.

Go!

Dell Zincht will be probated for a month. - COMPLETED

Jerusalem posted:

Brock did NOT win the Royal Rumble.

yea ok posted:

if someone wins the royal rumble, i won't watch wwe :toxx:

If yea ok is caught watching WWE, they will be banned. Report it if you see it!

SalTheBard posted:

I want to be clear about this toxx because last year it wasn't clear:

I will :toxx: that my "Number Team" will win the rumble, but this is a multi part deal

3) If neither wins, I will write out the promo, then I will record myself actually saying it, upload it to youtube and then share it here.

Why LordofHats? I played Mafia and Awful Big Brother and we both talk about wrestling so I'm assuming he posts here as well, if he doesn't then I can pick someone else.

Team $7 did NOT win either Rumble. SalTheBard must write out a promo and then record and upload it to Youtube. - COMPLETED

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

If Ronda Rousey is a surprise entrant in the Women's Rumble, I will donate $25 to Transform Cincy, a local non-profit that provides free clothing and wardrobe styling for transgender and gender non-conforming youth.

Ronda Rousey was not in the Royal Rumble, nor did she win it.

Cavauro posted:

if my roulette number wins either of the royal rumble matches i'll never say "I'm going to watch the Royal Rumble." on here again :toxx:

Team #13 did not win either Royal Rumble, so Cavauro is free to say they are going to watch the Royal Rumble.

Drew McIntyre posted:

i am making the same toxx i make every year. if neither of my numbers win i will change my name to the name of the person who through out my number, either from the final match or whichever name is funnier.

Drew McIntyre must decide whether they are going to change their name to Shayna Baszler or Seth Rollins. - COMPLETED

Ad by Khad posted:

if drew mcintyre the poster wins, i will be drew mcintyre the poster's friend

if drew mcintyre the person wins, i will be drew mcintyre the person's friend, and not drew mcintyre the poster's

you gotta tell me if either of these happen though, because i won't know about it

Drew McIntyre the poster did not win. Ad by Khad doesn't have to be their friend (but still could be if they liked).
Drew McIntyre the person did win. Ad by Khad must now be their friend.

illcendiary posted:

I plan on watching the card this weekend and want to make a donation to an LGBTQIA+ charity based on the match outcome, using a sliding scale as follows:

If winner is between:

-Entry 1-5: $10x entry number (i.e. if winner is #3, $30 donation)
-Entry 6-10: $5x entry number
-Entry 11-15: $3x entry number
-Entry 16-30: $2x entry number

Thoughts on charity are welcome!

:toxx:

Edit: Haven't gotten any responses thus far, so right now the charity of choice is the National Center for Transgender Equality. If any posters have thoughts about potentially better avenues for donation, again, thoughts are welcome.

The winners were 16 and 17, so $66 to the National Center for Transgender Equality. - COMPLETED

MJeff posted:

Eh gently caress it.

Please write a glowing tribute to either Brock Lesnar or Bianca Belair. - COMPLETED

Dango Bango posted:

:toxx: If Roman wins the Royal Rumble I will make this my avatar

Roman did NOT win the Royal Rumble, and came out at #26.

---

:siren: YOU HAVE UNTIL THE END OF NXT TAKEOVER PORTLAND IN MID-FEBRUARY TO COMPLETE YOUR TOXXES! :siren:

If you can't for any particular reason, PM me to let me know.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 17, 2020

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I'm prepared to befriend Drew Mcintyre

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Jerusalem posted:

ROYAL RUMBLE TOXXES:

The winners were 16 and 17, so $66 to the National Center for Transgender Equality.

:siren: YOU HAVE UNTIL THE END OF NXT TAKEOVER PORTLAND IN MID-FEBRUARY TO COMPLETE YOUR TOXXES! :siren:

If you can't for any particular reason, PM me to let me know.

Done!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks, and that's a good cause :thumbsup:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ah shucks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, Bianca Belair came out at number 2 and my first thought was, that's cool. She'll probably last for a decent chunk of time, here. I mostly hoped she would get to look cool, maybe do a cool hair whip spot and that was pretty much all I thought of it. Then as the match went on and the eliminations started rolling on, Belair started getting eliminations and I noticed she was getting to have a lot of shine spots, here. She got to eliminate both of Fire and Desire (although that was more Sonya's fault). It was when she eliminated Team Dewey's pick, the unquestionably incredible, the former DDT Iron Heavy Metal Champion, haver of THE WWE Woman's Match of 2019 (or so I'm told by people who are in the know about this thing), Candace LeRae that I realized, Bianca is putting in a drat good effort, here. When Tamina, who is known for sucking and being big, came out, she kicked some people, went for Bianca Belair, Belair ducked her kick and the two faced each other, I realized Belair was just as big as Tamina, was getting in her face, talking trash, daring her to attack, and something occurred to me.

Bianca Belair is a fuckin' badass.

So Bianca eliminates Tamina, and then all of the riff-raff gets eliminated either by Bianca or Alexa until the ring is eventually back to just 1 and 2. Bianca and Alexa fight out to the outside, Alexa grabs hold of Bianca's braid to keep from being eliminated, and Bianca eventually uses her hair as a reel to smack Alexa into the ringpost and eliminate her. The Rumble's half over, Bianca has come in from #2 to last for close to half an hour, she's picked up 8 eliminations (by the end of the match she'll be sharing this record with someone else). She's doing extremely well on a very big stage.

Then Charlotte Flair's music hits. And while Charlotte makes her entrance, the camera keeps going back to Belair to show her reaction. And this is the moment I realized, Belair is a loving star in the making. Go back and watch this sequence, from Alexa's elimination until Charlotte gets in the ring. Belair's facial reactions are so great. When she eliminates Bliss, she's triumphant. When Charlotte's music hits, first, she's incredulous. She can't believe that her reward for all she's done is to immediately face Charlotte, to the point where she has to laugh about it. It sinks in just how bad of a position she's in, and she slumps over in the corner, desperate, exhausted. Then after a few seconds, she nods a couple times, tells herself, "you can do this.", pulls herself up on the ropes and by the time Charlotte's entering the ring, she's determined. She goes through an entire emotional arc in about thirty seconds with nothing but her facial expressions alone and it's so loving great.

Bianca's part in the Rumble is more or less over at this point - there's an undercurrent that when she was going up against midcarders and other NXT wrestlers, she was able to stand above them, but then one former champion after another starts coming out and she still puts up a fight, but she just winds up out of her depth, up until she's eliminated by Charlotte, but frankly, the moment where she's eliminated is where the Rumble starts slowly going downhill anyway. I don't think I'm saying anything too controversial here when I say Bianca was the star of this Rumble. I also don't think I'm saying anything too controversial by saying Belair could be a big, big star if WWE doesn't screw her up. Her offense looks really good, she's strong as hell, she has great expressions and selling, she has a great, unique look, her long braid lends itself to unique spots, shoutout to this extremely correct take from Aphrodite:

Aphrodite posted:

Bianca and Alexa had more creative uses of a rope between 2 people than the strap match.

Bianca Belair vs. Alexa Bliss, Wrestlemania 36, hair-tied-together match, book it coward Vince.

---

Brock Lesnar entered the Royal Rumble at #1. He eliminated 13 people in a row. I'm told this is a lot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

Bianca Belair is a fuckin' badass.

Hell yeah she is :hai:

:toxx: fulfilled.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i have two really bad options. my gut tells me Seth Rollins is the funnier choice, and it would allow me to lean more into my messiah complex and delusions of grandeur.

i am going away for a week, i will think about it while i am away and consider any suggestions.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drew McIntyre posted:

i have two really bad options. my gut tells me Seth Rollins is the funnier choice, and it would allow me to lean more into my messiah complex and delusions of grandeur.

i am going away for a week, i will think about it while i am away and consider any suggestions.

There's some kind of extremely cruel irony that you have to change right after Drew wins.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I propose you be the cool former champion who has a cool horse noise stinger as opposed to a tag team champion who pissed himself and hosed some number of nazis.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

the intent here was a proportional response to WWE platforming transphobes. considering the Santina appearance and Marella's statements on trans women in sports, I'm donating anyway.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

I propose you be the cool former champion who has a cool horse noise stinger as opposed to a tag team champion who pissed himself and hosed some number of nazis.

I forget, is the horse noise one Akam or Rezar

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

the intent here was a proportional response to WWE platforming transphobes. considering the Santina appearance and Marella's statements on trans women in sports, I'm donating anyway.

you're a good person

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

I'm donating anyway.

:cheers:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

"Hats, you were the one person who had my back. We were a tag team that I thought would never break up. When I needed help with Gloomhaven you gave it to me, when I wanted play Magic better you helped me, and when I talked about wrestling you were there for me.

But while we were fighting back to back you were sharpening your knife READY TO STICK IT IN MY BACK!

You stabbed me from behind Hats and I can't forgive you for that. You allied with people who could smile at my face and spit on me from behind. You helped lead me blindly into my own down fall Hats.

You volunteered to go up on the block against me Hats...I couldn't campaign against you. Your water alliances were thicker than your blood alliance with me HATS.

Hats I challenge you to a grudge match like no other! I'm coming for you Hats, but I'm coming for your friends first:

First there is going to be a 4 on 4 match..You, Poque, Somber and Teland vs. Me, the tough but tender Mr. Steak, the stone cold killer Sniper, and a mystery partner to be determined later, after we beat you in an elimination match Hats, I'm coming for you next!

It's going to be you and I, one on one in a barbed wire baseball bat, light tube alpha death death match. I'm going to make you bleed Hats, you stabbed me in the back, but I'm going to stab you all over!"

I will get this recorded and uploaded probably Saturday or Sunday.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
https://youtu.be/PbIpvqTjdMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All Toxxes have been fulfilled. Until the end of the Royal Rumble next year, yea ok still can't watch WWE, and Ad by Khad has to be friendly to wrestler Drew McIntyre. Both will be banned if they're caught breaking these toxxes.

Thank you everybody for taking part/having fun :)