Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

GolfHole posted:

diatomaceous earth shreds centipedes to bits
... you occasionally have to watch the death knell of a mortally wounded insect as it desperately tries to cling to life amongst the jagged hell you have created for it

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I had a giant bug land on me last night, I think it was a beetle or something. Brown colored and a good two inches long, drat thing was the size of a cicada. No idea what it actually was

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

This is all great feedback guys, what a fantastic community effort!
I set up my foot moat and have duct taped a bag over my head.

Jukeboxblues posted:

Why do you have so many bugs in your garage? Do you live next to an open grave? Is it next to an actual dump? If you do, that's understandable, you are obviously some sort of hunchbacked cretin enslaved by a warlord who doesn't give a poo poo about things that aren't pet lions or solid gold Ferrari's.

Bold text is accurate.

[Edit: Also I live in the "thick woods of Minnesota".. There are a lot of bugs out here]

Serious Party Gods fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 9, 2020

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Gross, why aren't you wearing shoes? A man should keep his feet tightly enclosed in shoes (real shoes that conceal the toes and all skin below the ankle, not poo poo like like flip flops) every minute of the day unless he is swimming, showering, or sleeping.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ziv Zulander posted:

I had a giant bug land on me last night, I think it was a beetle or something. Brown colored and a good two inches long, drat thing was the size of a cicada. No idea what it actually was
Sounds like a bug.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Google house centipede

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
People should grow giant bugs the size of their shoes and then use them as shoes.

Either alive so the shoes do the walking, or dead with a hole in the top for your feet.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kazr posted:

Google house centipede

I already did after I moved house in May and discovered the hard way they are endemic to exactly 50% of one single suburb in my entire country and the epicenter is apparently my living room.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Joe Bogan posted:

I already did after I moved house in May and discovered the hard way they are endemic to exactly 50% of one single suburb in my entire country and the epicenter is apparently my living room.

I rented a house 6 years ago and one of these crawled across the basements disappeared and jesus christ I didn't let my feet rest on the floor until I found out they're harmless and cool bros that eat other lovely bugs

Now Google devil's chariots

e; googl my balls

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

kazr posted:

Google house centipede
The Google Home product line's least popular product.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kazr posted:

I rented a house 6 years ago and one of these crawled across the basements disappeared and jesus christ I didn't let my feet rest on the floor until I found out they're harmless and cool bros that eat other lovely bugs

Now Google devil's chariots

e; googl my balls

I mean they're not deadly but they're not harmless either, they're like a land based wasp. Ie, rear end in a top hat.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

kazr posted:

Google house centipede
These are the loving bugs I'm talking about, player! These and june bugs and huge dive-bombing moths. I literally keep a tennis racket next to me to shoo them away (the flying ones).

Number_6 posted:

Gross, why aren't you wearing shoes? A man should keep his feet tightly enclosed in shoes (real shoes that conceal the toes and all skin below the ankle, not poo poo like like flip flops) every minute of the day unless he is swimming, showering, or sleeping.
It's too hot for "shoes"

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

People should grow giant bugs the size of their shoes and then use them as shoes.

Either alive so the shoes do the walking, or dead with a hole in the top for your feet.
:unsmith:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

OP kiss the bugs

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Miss posted:

OP kiss the bugs

I will if Jeffrey of YOSPOS actually buys the forums.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Serious Party Gods posted:

bless

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

GolfHole posted:

diatomaceous earth shreds centipedes to bits

i suppose it does have 2 downsides as a pest control device:
1) its powdery and you have to put it everywhere but if you are in your garage who loving cares

and 2) you occasionally have to watch the death knell of a mortally wounded insect as it desperately tries to cling to life amongst the jagged hell you have cr

DE is like the 4 sided dice or legos of the insect world

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Serious Party Gods posted:

Toxx

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

"Eat My gently caress" you capitalist pig.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

That was harsh - I will kissa bug if Jeff takes over... no toxx.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Joe Bogan posted:

I mean they're not deadly but they're not harmless either, they're like a land based wasp. Ie, rear end in a top hat.

From what I read their bite isn't strong enough to pierce human skin but still gently caress them all the same.

Terrifying.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Why do they even need so many drat legs?

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

From what I read their bite isn't strong enough to pierce human skin but still gently caress them all the same.

Terrifying.

They're super gross man. We've got some monster-sized specimens here and it bugs me out every time I see one scurrying around. I'd rather deal with a loving scorpion.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Why do they even need so many drat legs?

I know it's hosed up.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I saw a millipede the other day and had to remove it because the drat centipedes probably eat them too. They have even more legs but they're really short and they scoot around on them so it's not fundamentally disturbing to me like the hated centipede is.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I've always thought the centipedes were gross but what really set me off is I have a bathroom in the basement and it's a really old place so there's pipes on the ceiling above the toilet. Seconds after I got done using it a few weeks ago I saw out of the corner of my eye a centipede fall off the pipes. I would've landed right on me if I was still using it.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Millis are fine. Weird but fine. Like... "potato bug" alarm levels (for me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I've always thought the centipedes were gross but what really set me off is I have a bathroom in the basement and it's a really old place so there's pipes on the ceiling above the toilet. Seconds after I got done using it a few weeks ago I saw out of the corner of my eye a centipede fall off the pipes. I would've landed right on me if I was still using it.

Get some loving DEMETRIUS EARTH like the other dudes in the thread are "heralding"