Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Cowslips Warren posted:

seen as the last time I was around human semen

What other types of semen do you hang around with??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I got the Johnson & Johnson covid vaccine and ever since my periods have gotten a lot more tolerable and much less painful. I also stopped throwing up after I got it. I hope this lasts forever, if it doesn't then I'm getting a covid booster.

This is not a shitpost, my period started last night and I'm sitting here grateful I can be at work

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
I have been on my goddamn period since April 17th. I am going to start biting people that piss me off. Or come near me. Or breathe too loudly.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Hopes Fall posted:

I have been on my goddamn period since April 17th. I am going to start biting people that piss me off. Or come near me. Or breathe too loudly.

Oh, my God, that's terrible. I've had success with red raspberry leaves in capsules for unusually long and/or heavy periods, if you want to go the herbal route. Good luck

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Hopes Fall posted:

Oof, goondolances. Make sure you are getting enough iron, if nothing else

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
loving. Duh. I've been so tired lately. All I can think about is how soon I can take a nap/go to bed.

Moron.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

drat dude. Hope you get that nap soon

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!

Killingyouguy! posted:

drat dude. Hope you get that nap soon

P much every day from 4 -5. Sometimes longer. I slept 10 hours on Wednesday night and still woke up tired.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hopes Fall posted:

Are you sure that's your period and not just sparkling hemorrhaging? The uterine lining isn't that thick, it doesn't take a month to dissolve.

One day my mom, in her late 60s, started complaining about her period and I'm like mom you completed menopause a decade ago. Whatever this is it is not a period. (It was fibroids.)

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Roleplaying Dad posted:

I got a nexplanon implant like six weeks ago. It's annoying, but not constant or all that bad. But then today I started a period. I hope this is just the "tapering off" phase.

I went from erratic unpredictable periods to total clockwork regular on nexplanon, I didn’t really know what to expect. It was over a decade ago and they stayed regular despite me not opting for a new nexplanon when mine wore out due to the horrible depression it gave me. I’ve got high T from PCOS so I think there was some kind of hormone war going on, I hope you have a better experience than me!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My just-finished recent period was weirdly light and undramatic. So much so that I am highly suspicious, kinda waiting for the real one to get here.

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Are you sure that's your period and not just sparkling hemorrhaging? The uterine lining isn't that thick, it doesn't take a month to dissolve.

One day my mom, in her late 60s, started complaining about her period and I'm like mom you completed menopause a decade ago. Whatever this is it is not a period. (It was fibroids.)

My gyno just started me on Simpesse, the one where you go 3 months, then have withdrawal bleeding, and start again. I started bleeding around a month and a half in, and reached out to her around week 2. Sshe told me to wait until the end of the pack; that's it breakthrough bleeding and it sucks but isn't a concern.

4 more days and it'll be a solid month. June 2nd I start the placebos, and I'm really hoping this poo poo will have evened out by then.

To be clear, it's not a as heavy as a normal period. Sometimes I get a reasonably 'heavy' day where a pad is justified, but mostly it's like the first few days or last few days when it's enough heavy enough for a pantiliner, too light for a tampon, and is mostly just annoying when you go to pee.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Well, It's my first period on the Mirena and its several things. 1. Way less than ever before, this is day 6 blood on day 2. 2. Really dark, rather than more obviously red. 3. Giving me the worst cramps ever, to the point I'm applying Icy Hot to the area to dull the pain. I'm actually hoping my ovarian cyst burst rather than this pain being the norm.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
It's just so much blood

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Stoca Zola posted:

I went from erratic unpredictable periods to total clockwork regular on nexplanon, I didn’t really know what to expect. It was over a decade ago and they stayed regular despite me not opting for a new nexplanon when mine wore out due to the horrible depression it gave me. I’ve got high T from PCOS so I think there was some kind of hormone war going on, I hope you have a better experience than me!

Oh gosh I never think about mood swings and stuff, I already have such mental illness.

The hard part for me is that I live in Texas so keeping track of my cycle might one day be evidence of a crime.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Just about had a bit of panic, but the internet says it's totally normal to start bleeding again 2 weeks post-op, (even if you havent bled at all) because that's when the stitches start to dissolve, and it should be fine. I worried I did something wrong, because I never felt any pain since the day after surgery, so it's so hard to tell if I'm being gentle and careful enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Oh gosh I never think about mood swings and stuff, I already have such mental illness.

The hard part for me is that I live in Texas so keeping track of my cycle might one day be evidence of a crime.

I track mine, but I do it partly because my cycle is so loving wild and variable. It’s anywhere from 11 days to 58 days since I started tracking it 18 months ago. I’m on my third mirena, and 43 years old. The previous two mirenas I basically didn’t menstruate at all after some spotting in the first couple months.
Im not sure whether it’s this particular install, or covid fuckery (i got it pretty bad the first time despite being vaxed and boosted) or perimenopause, but my cycle is completely unpredictable and most annoyingly, present.
Hopefully tracking my hosed up poo poo does something to cloud the data while also helping me log the fact that my innards are hosed up and weird.

I’ll still take the erratic cycle over the misery that was my pre-mirena periods though.