Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ended up binge reading the manga and caught up and speaking of catching up the translations caught up with current releases too. :toot:

Hope we get more anime seasons there's a lot of good stuff to choose from to adapt. But mostly hoping for more Bear Devils they are adorable :kimchi:

Also this dumb author note from one of the recent chapters made me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Funimation's started dubbing Sleepy Princess and it is amazing :allears:.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The dubbed version of Dawner is hilarious and I'm not sure if they added that or if the subs just didn't convey it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Also I just noticed that the captions on dubbed stuff have proper transparency! Why don't the subtitles look like that!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rand Brittain posted:

The dubbed version of Dawner is hilarious and I'm not sure if they added that or if the subs just didn't convey it.

They gave him a really dweeby voice and it fits so well.

The narrator is real good too

"Murder with a purpose that's what I say."

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Do you have to sign into Funi to watch stuff? Or can you just click play like with crunchy?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Depends on if you need a subscription I think.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

They gave him a really dweeby voice and it fits so well.

The narrator is real good too

"Murder with a purpose that's what I say."

The queen's voice really does work, particularly because they added jokes when she gives a quest the gold star, which is good because I don't think those were going to land in English.

I don't know if "dweeby" is quite the right word for Dawner. He's a weird character because he's basically the same person as the princess, he just has his tropes and goals switched, and he has the one flaw of the terrible sense of direction so that he's still largely unstoppable but takes a long time to get anywhere. Most of the stuff he does that comes off as weird is exactly the same as the stuff the princess does; people just don't think it's cute when he does it.

My favorite joke in the whole manga is the one where Dawner is yelling at the crystal ball recording of the princess, saying "I swear, Princess Syalis, that I'll save you no matter what it takes," and Kisho says "...you know she's not actually in there, right?" and Dawner just looks at him with this mounting sense of horror and thinks "...does he think I don't know that?"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Harpy's english VA is amazing :allears:.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

OH-

(development underway for s2)

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Grouchio posted:

(development underway for s2)

Well, development of something new, but we don't know what yet. Could be s2, could be OVA...

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Upon serious and detailed consideration, Poseidon is the best character and the chapters focused on him are the best chapters.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

This manga got a lot gayer in the last two years, and I, for one, approve.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'd love to see another season of the anime.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Need more of sleepy princess and the worst hero to ever live.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Is the Demon Cleric failing to respect Somnus' pronouns?

In other news, I think most of the running gags are funny, but the whole thing where the Demon Cleric has an "inappropriate" crush on the princess falls really flat. It's not even really that gross or anything; it just feels arbitrary because everybody is obsessed with the princess and his obsession is only really inappropriate because he's decided that it is and acts ashamed.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Is the Demon Cleric failing to respect Somnus' pronouns?

In other news, I think most of the running gags are funny, but the whole thing where the Demon Cleric has an "inappropriate" crush on the princess falls really flat. It's not even really that gross or anything; it just feels arbitrary because everybody is obsessed with the princess and his obsession is only really inappropriate because he's decided that it is and acts ashamed.

It is running a little thin, but at this point his whole character is based on being awkward and cringey either as he regards himself or to the reader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Caught up with the manga. The cast is massive now, but it hasn't at all become unwieldy, all the new characters have their fun little quirks whenever they get to star in a chapter and most of the veteran cast are still reliably entertaining, it also really helps that there's no more pretense for the princess being most socially intelligent character whenever she has to navigate these complex relationship charts. And the lore chapters have become genuinely intriguing with the information reveals, Kagiji Kumanomata is still wonderful at gags considering I have a hearty laugh almost every chapter but do not underestimate her storytelling capabilities. Anyway, if you dropped off after the anime years ago, well well worth catching up, it has only got more interesting since then.

Rand Brittain posted:

This manga got a lot gayer in the last two years, and I, for one, approve.
the latest moth chapter was completely bonkers