Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Thauros posted:

rocky's been rting lio a ton and there was the interview just posted.....

lio beating phantasmo in the first round would be a HUGE push

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hiromu going loving off on a reporter at the moment, ahaha

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The IWGP Jr. Champion playing second banana to the team of Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens sure is a loving way to start this show

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Holy poo poo that main event ruled. Hyped for SJC tomorrow!

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Just caught up on the show and Despy is cooler than ever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Despy is cooler than ever.

:yeah:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
In light of recent events I felt like I had to update the dumb thing I made:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Just caught up with everything up to the finals and boy do I not care for those results one bit.

Except for :wato: defeating the IWGP Heavyweight Champion

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore c'mon man don't stick dollar bills under your eyelids....

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tekkers working face at the dome and Despy getting clear face moments make me wonder if Suzuki-kun is going to be a bit more on the tweaner side of the factions now that we have the Empire

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Tekkers working face at the dome and Despy getting clear face moments make me wonder if Suzuki-kun is going to be a bit more on the tweaner side of the factions now that we have the Empire

this has felt like their route since the ibushi/tana feud ended, I think. everybody except suzuki and maybe kanemaru have been showing face fire imo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah Suzuki-gun have been in the old LIJ place of being loveable dirtbags for a while now, this is just them sliding them into the spot everyone wants them to be in

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
q is not edit

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Procrastinator posted:

this has felt like their route since the ibushi/tana feud ended, I think. everybody except suzuki and maybe kanemaru have been showing face fire imo.

Kanemaru once got a monster pop stopping the dastardly Gedo putting his hands on Miho. Every member of SZKG are superfaces in their own special way

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Procrastinator posted:

Suzuki's one of those guys where turning face is literally just 'fight heels now'.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Suzuki's alignment is Suzuki.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Suzuki's one of those guys where turning face is literally just 'fight heels now'.

Tired: Suzuki stays a heel by wrestling faces
Wired: Suzuki turns face by wrestling heels
Inspired: Suzuki is already a face

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Tired: Suzuki stays a heel by wrestling faces
Wired: Suzuki turns face by wrestling heels
Inspired: Suzuki is already a face

I mean, I was in the 4th row at Royal Quest, so I know he is, but I meant theoretically if he wasn't.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Kaze Ni Nare at Royal Quest was the loudest noise I've heard humans make in person.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

The Kaze Ni Nare at Royal Quest was the loudest noise I've heard humans make in person.

:same:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

:yeah:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress it just gonna link it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatHeKKWOBk

This man is not a heel

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yeah as rarity pointed out they're in the old l.i.j slot (and l.i.j's now in the old CHAOS slot). same thing happened to chaos starting at around 2013. it's tough to draw the exact line between cool heels and tweeners as the progression in all these cases were gradual without an exact "turn" to point to but szkg's clearly headed in that direction.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Can't post that without posting this too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdVlGSySQt8

God I hope this vaccine works out and we get vocal crowds back in New Japan soon :shobon:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
They're good guys who fight dirty, because ain't no such thing as fighting dirty and they're smarter than usual protagonists.

Flipside, Hiromu wrestled heel the entire tournament and is clearly the bad guy in whatever they're doing with him and Ishimori. I don't understand factional alignments in NJPW at all. I thought there was a clear gradient of Hontai -> Chaos -> LIJ -> SZKG -> Bullet Club
But now it feels like
Hontai ->Chaos -> SZKG -> LIJ -> Bullet Club -> Empire
With Bullet Club being slightly ahead of Empire because I'm not convinced anyone on Empire has each other's back.

But even that is wrong because of the Ishimori/Hiromu program.

And if you throw announcers into the mix, Gino is Bullet Club, but is clearly the face because everyone picks on him for no reason, even when he's not there and he rolls with it. Meanwhile perfidious Rocky wants us to believe some horrible slander about Taichi's singing being staged.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Sometimes on a whim I watch one of these two videos on Youtube and whenever I do I immediately have to watch the other one. It's essential

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdVlGSySQt8

God I hope this vaccine works out and we get vocal crowds back in New Japan soon :shobon:

Remember when we were all upset that we weren't going to get a Kaze Ni Nare at the Dome this year and then it turned out that Gedo was only using half his power all along?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

hiromu cut a long promo very similar to naito's at jingu about the need to keep hope alive during times of adversity and thanking the crowd for giving him strength. he's the division's ace with the dynamic that often brings to matches and all of l.i.j will show rudo tendencies in ring but he's def not someone you're supposed to dislike. plus the whole deal with wanting to prove himself against the super j cup winner rather than claiming his title shot is a total face move.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Gaz-L posted:

you're not wrong, but it's felt like taichi and zack are being positioned against him, is all. that could just be nothing, a lot of stables do that every so often.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Procrastinator posted:

you're not wrong, but it's felt like taichi and zack are being positioned against him, is all. that could just be nothing, a lot of stables do that every so often.

Suzuki's probably fairly close to calling it a day, if/when Tekkers kick him out of the group he's probably finished (with New Japan at least)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think after the G1 there is a ton of potential in a storyline where Taichi starts pushing to replace Suzuki. There's even precedent I believe in that Taichi helped Suzuki replace Kojima? Now he's seeing that maybe he doesn't need to be the follower anymore, especially with ZSJ - the only other potential rival for leadership - being his best friend.

Suzuki's reaction to this will be great offense at being challenged, and also he'll be loving overjoyed at being challenged.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Taichi finally overthrows Suzuki and kicks him out and Suzuki's response is "I can retire at last, I've been waiting for you to do that years"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One Piece 1000 comes out in a couple of weeks and Suzuki is getting a little worried that he won't have time to kick back and do a full-reread if somebody doesn't kick his rear end hard enough soon.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

If Suzuki retires, he’s going to come for you, specifically, next. Keep your thoughts and ideas in check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

a cyborg mug posted:

If Suzuki retires, he’s going to come for you, specifically, next. Keep your thoughts and ideas in check

I already live my life under the assumption that Minoru Suzuki will murder me in the next 5 minutes. Every breath is a blessing.