Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It’s all that’s left on the internet, so let’s indulge! Rate your usb cable purchases and post cool pictures of your dogs looking like stupid dumbasses here so we can have a good larf! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i bought a very long usb-c charging cable at home hardware recently and it does not work at all but i'm not sure if it's my phone or what so i'm keeping it just in case for guests thank you
\

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

ClamdestineBoyster
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ppl say you should get the 6 footer because it’s only a couple bucks more than the 3 footer but what if I want to curl it up and put it in a utility drawer? Which one is really more convenient then? The 3-footer, reckon. :clint:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

StupidSexyMothman

i ordered usb cables from monoprice in early october and they've been stuck in portland oregon since october 13th

plot twist: i don't live anywhere near portland, oregon

pecan

oldskool posted:

i ordered usb cables from monoprice in early october and they've been stuck in portland

an apt place for usb cables

ClamdestineBoyster
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

oldskool posted:

i ordered usb cables from monoprice in early october and they've been stuck in portland oregon since october 13th

plot twist: i don't live anywhere near portland, oregon

Oh man the usb cable shipping problems people have had could fill pages on SA, don’t even get me started. Hopefully those people get them so they can post cool dog pics. :shrug:

----------------

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

pecan posted:

an apt place for usb cables

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

my favourite kind of lead is a USB 1.1 extension cable

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
thank god the ps5 uses usb-c. I'm dying to dispose of all these old micro-usb cables

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

just got back from staples and those motherfuckers SCREWED ME! they gave me a usb HUB instead of the cable! I'm telling you Carl I'm ready to fuckin kill
______/

ClamdestineBoyster
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sk posted:

just got back from staples and those motherfuckers SCREWED ME! they gave me a usb HUB instead of the cable! I'm telling you Carl I'm ready to fuckin kill
______/

Sir this is a petsmart :crossarms:

----------------

Prof. Crocodile

Only a fool would pay extra for gold-plated USB cables. First, the only part of a USB cable that transmits data are the pins, and even if the pins in your cable are gold-plated the receiving pins inside your laptop, game system, TV or peripheral most assuredly are not. Setting that aside, a USB device neither outputs the polling rate nor hosts the number of contacts to require the level of accuracy that improved conductivity from gold pins would provide.
\

owlhawk911

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Only a fool would pay extra for gold-plated USB cables. First, the only part of a USB cable that transmits data are the pins, and even if the pins in your cable are gold-plated the receiving pins inside your laptop, game system, TV or peripheral most assuredly are not. Setting that aside, a USB device neither outputs the polling rate nor hosts the number of contacts to require the level of accuracy that improved conductivity from gold pins would provide.
\

ClamdestineBoyster
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think after you’ve selected your length really the only thing left to do is pick a color. Like black or white depending on your decor. And, let’s face it, it’s never really truly white, it’s always that greyish off-white color. So you might as well get the black one, it will look cool in your trendy hipster loft with the track lighting and exposed brick and the dark rugs that don’t show dirt (thank god). Or be a bitch and get the greyish whitish one I don’t care it’s you who wants a poo poo life. It’s too bad they don’t come in cool colors like Ethernet cables. That was a more complex time, when the internet :airquote: was called the Information Superhighway (and wow holy poo poo there wasn’t and still isn’t a superhighway for CARS even).

----------------

owlhawk911

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I think after you’ve selected your length really the only thing left to do is pick a color. Like black or white depending on your decor. And, let’s face it, it’s never really truly white, it’s always that greyish off-white color. So you might as well get the black one, it will look cool in your trendy hipster loft with the track lighting and exposed brick and the dark rugs that don’t show dirt (thank god). Or be a bitch and get the greyish whitish one I don’t care it’s you who wants a poo poo life. It’s too bad they don’t come in cool colors like Ethernet cables. That was a more complex time, when the internet :airquote: was called the Information Superhighway (and wow holy poo poo there wasn’t and still isn’t a superhighway for CARS even).

brother they come in all colours and if u were *really* hip u'd have some kinda braided cloth one that matched ur poo poo

gary oldmans diary
my big metal 13-port hub has USB B port instead of having its own upstream cable permanently attached. thats doin it right

Prof. Crocodile

a cute doggy posted:

brother they come in all colours and if u were *really* hip u'd have some kinda braided cloth one that matched ur poo poo
/

ClamdestineBoyster
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

owlhawk911 posted:

What kind of designer utopia do you live in man? Do you live in some town that still has a circuit city or something? The whole turn of the millenium poo poo was about reducing usb cable flare and eradicating hard bristle toothbrushes for sensitive babypeople so nobody had to feel put on the spot for buying soft bristle toothbrushes. :shrug:

----------------

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Nice hub